Aged newbie

Last Updated:

1. dalesponyrider

dalesponyrider Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there! I am new to Android too. My old phone was OLD! As I use the internet a lot at home but am actually spending a lot of time at the fields where my ponies are, I thought mobile internet would be useful. Despite two of my sons telling me to go iphone, and most of my friends, I decided to rebel and get a Nexus.

Its a bit of a leap from what I'm used to and I struggle with basic manoeuvres! However, I am gradually finding my feet and have to say, browsing this forum is a great help. Thanks guys!

Can't wait for my kids to come home and show them Mum's cool new phone. Would love to be able to show off and demonstrate that I know how to use, custom and modify it with some cool apps! (Might take a while!)

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

Glad to see you were the rebel and didn't go with the iPhone :D. Android is the most user friendly operating system once you get through the basic learning curve...Android is just totally different than every other OS I have ever used (and that's a good thing). Hopefully, you find it useful when you are out and about (with your ponies :D).

If you have questions or can't figure something out, the Nexus one has a great forum section here.

Nexus One - Android Forums

3. PaulMcCartney

PaulMcCartney Well-Known Member

Hi there! :)

Welcome to AF! We hope you enjoy your stay!

*hugs* :eek:

4. dalesponyrider

dalesponyrider Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the welcome. Already impressed technophobe hubby today. Was able to keep him informed of online lawnmower prices while he was haggling with sales people!