• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Aging" Note 10.1 vs...everybody else

BobBruff

Dec 8, 2009
Greetings! I'm in the market for a tablet and wanted to get the opinion of those who have owned this tablet to see if someone were buying a tablet today should I consider this or should I look elsewhere. The Note 10.1 draws me in because of the S Pen functionality and suite of apps. I really like the idea of taking notes by hand via a stylus as well as being able to convert that writing to text. What other tablets can give this functionality? I went in to Best Buy and the Samsung guy there was talking up the Tab A because it's the only one there with the S Pen suite, but to me the Note 10.1 looks like just as good an option (if not better), especially if I can get one for around the same price.

I think that the tablet is still very, very usable. It is fast, it has a much better resolution than equivalent Samsung tablets and the screen is simply gorgeous. It is also a solid performer. One reason that Samsung has not updated it is that it is really difficult to improve on it. Even a faster processor may be not that noticeable. A new version may be a tad lighter and it may have an AMOLED screen, although I do not know how much this screen can be improved.

Reactions: BobBruff
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones