AGreen BHM's Root Kit

Last Updated:

1. agreenbhm

agreenbhm New Member This Topic's Starter

I have developed a tool for pros and n00bs alike to easily downgrade their phones to 2.0.1, root, flash custom recovery and much more, all from their PC. It's called the Droid RootKit. Check it out at AGreen BHM's Droid RootKit

Advertisement
  2. SoDroid

SoDroid Well-Known Member

Will check it out. Sounds like it has a lot of potential!

3. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Looks great, thanks for sharing this.

4. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Agreed...looks great. Thanks for posting!

If anyone uses this, please post your experiences. I would like some feedback on it before I would recommend it as a "root option".

No offense to agreenbhm here...I just don't want to blindly recommend something ;)

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Looks good....my only question is why go the route of flashing back to 2.0.1 instead of just flashing SPRecovery sbf? I think an option to go either route would be great

6. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

already have rsdlite and the rom to go back and root but will try this as i havent been rooted in a month and want to see what improvements have been made as there were some flaws that i didnt feel that were worth living with on some older roms...plus i love messing with my droid:D

7. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Those are my thoughts exactly. Especially with the update.zip you provided to root 2.1. With that method you can then backup everything before flashing roms.

8. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

well i gave the root kit a shot and it failed me....it wouldnt install drivers so i couldnt load step 4.......i only tried it because it said for noobs and anyone else but if i hadnt done this before i would have been lost throughout the process....when something is "advertised" for n00bs you would think ...
    1. it would work flawlessly with lots of details
    2. there would be an assumption when the word n00b is used that the user has no knowledge or hasnt done this before

I ended up doint it another way and installed petes Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B and all is well again

9. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

10. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member