Ah crap, I screwed up my phone(?)

1. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

Ok, so I rooted with the CF Auto root and all was well. I cleared a ton of bloat off my phone and all was well, I decided I wanted to return to stock by flashing official firmware from Samsung via Odin. It's frozen at the sprint screen.

DANG!

I'm going to try booting to TWRP and see if I can restore a backup. But the goal is to get back to stock in order to try a couple other things.

What now?

Advertisement
    :
  2. nathanotis

Can't get back to TWRP, but the stock recovery is there. I tried a reset and no dice. Boots to the yellow sprint splash and stops there.
  3. nathanotis

A 3rd flash of the stock firmware seems to have done the trick. Now I just hope I have a strong enough signal to activate!
  4. nathanotis

That was a fun little panic session. Thanks for watching. Mods... feel free to delete or enshrine this post in the dumba55 hall of fame.
    MrClean likes this.
  5. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

I did not see this until now. I sure am glad you got your phone up and running! :)
  6. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

So glad you are good to go again. I can just imagine how you felt. I would have been in tears if it had happened to me. Thanks for sharing. Maybe others will learn from you and stay calm and get through their crises with less panic because of you.
  7. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

Nothing like that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach as you think you might be holding a $700 brick. Glad to see you recovered it
  8. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

Did you do anything different that made it work the 3rd time?
  9. nathanotis

I think I shut my eyes a little more tightly and wished just a bit harder.
  10. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

The only thing better than bringing your Android back from the near dead, is bringing two Androids back that where being rooted in Tandem :)

Glad you made it ... Cheers!
  11. XiphoneUzer

XiphoneUzer Well-Known Member

Why?

I'm trying to decide what to do with my new, unactivated N3 ATT.

Why would u wanna go back to stock if everything was "all was well" ???
  12. nathanotis

You know, I don't remember at this point what was happening that made me want/need to go back. I can tell you that I re-rooted almost immediately after things got right.
  13. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

Did you ever try deleting s finder? I wonder if it screws up anything?
  14. nathanotis

I am, unfortunately, not very disciplined when I start hacking away. I don't keep a list of what's been removed and I can't remember what I removed at this point.

I know there are a few people working on a script @ XDA that removes a ton of bloat. Check in over there.