Ah, thats my signal. Give it back!

Last Updated:

1. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My signal went to poop today. No biggie as I'll just get it swapped (and to be honest my first Blackberry, and 2 HTC's had the issue over the past few years) but bummer!

I'm not worried since so far I have LOVED this unit (and it works fine right now, but the sudden drop in signal to a constant 1 bar pretty much just has me long term worried).

Can't wait to get into the replacement and squash that off my 'oh noes' list.

On a side note: I'm getting pretty decent at the keyboard.

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

What does it say when you go into settings, about phone, status?

Can't always trust the bars. I may not get full bars sometimes, but I look at the signal and it's -65dB, which is a VERY strong signal.

3. digitard

Right now I'm sitting at work with 1 bar and my Signal Strength is at -95 dBm

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Ah, that's a pretty weak signal. Still, it would've gotten you 3 bars on the BlackBerry, lol.

My Tour considered -80dB to be the perfect signal, and I had never seen a higher signal until I got the Droid. Imagine my surprise when sitting in the exact same spot, I had -59dB.

Anyways, hope your replacement fixes the issue (and does not introduce any new ones).

5. digitard

In the long run I'm not worried. After working in the industry for 5yrs I know there's "early batch" risks with this kind of stuff. So I know to take it with a grain of salt so to speak.

So I'm going to change it out either tomorrow or Thursday and I'll do a signal performance test once I get it.