Ahh crap... what did I do?

Last Updated:

1. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Lol. SO, the other day, I was messin' about with ROMs and what not, right.
    So, now most of my apps aren't working. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I was using my SD card to store all the apps, and I inadvertantly erased all of them. lol. But when I did the Restore, I am slowly finding out that none of them are working.

Should I uninstall, and reinstall each of them? Or is there a simpler way?

I suppose I could just use this to my advantage of cleaning out all of the ones I don't really use... there is maybe only 40 apps on the phone.
    But does anyone know what I did wrong? They jsut keep Force Closing on me.

Advertisement
  2. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

Reinstall each app that was being stored to the SD. One of the dangers of apps2sd IMO. :eek: Good luck.

3. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Lol. Okay.
    So it wasn't so much of something I did, but a downfall of something I was using?

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I think that's a chance you take in using apps2sd. Luckily, I haven't had that issue too much, except with Mobile Defense, but I believe that's due to not having it installed quite right (as a system app or something....haven't looked into it much)

5. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Just remember you cannot remove the SD card while the phone is on, nor can you boot the phone without the SD card in it.

When you do, the system breaks the links between the apps and the launch and function processes.

FYI in some cases you can really get into trouble. There are stories of some who after booting without their SD, their phone won't even allow them to "uninstall" the app because the connection is broken forcing the phone to think there is no app to uninstall, but in the same token they cannot "install" because market has the app marked as installed.

It's a bit of tricky business, but well worth the space you can save. I have a miniSD reader on my laptop and was so used to pulling an SD card out, putting in adaptor and inserting in my Laptop, simply because I could move files much more quickly. It's a practice I have had to force myself to stop because of this exact situation.

6. doneve141

doneve141 Well-Known Member

I acidently cleared all data from my phone. I than was able to recover with my nanoid backup. Now I cannot download or uninstall from the market now. It only shows a handfull of the apps that I have on my phone. I tried reboots, clearing the cashe in the app manager. Rooted running Fresh 1.1. Any ideas?

7. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Uh yeah, sounds like you fell victim to the full potential conflict of apps2sd.

You're only option is Hard Reset and to manually restore all of your information and preferences. Sorry...

8. doneve141

Yea I was afraid of that. That's what I feel I have done so the thought of doing it again just isn't fun.

9. doneve141

Reset, backup, Reset. What a pain. I either had the Market working and no phone book from Google, or the Market didn't work and my phone book was all there. I did finally get both. I have 2 Google accounts and was signing into the wrong one after the reset. The reset was the correct fix, I just have to watch witch account I am signing into.