• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ahh Man It's Starting....

Fake. Most of the photos are different resolutions.

I agree it looks kind of shady BUT I feel it might be a work in progress, I mean if someone was going to fake a pamphlet like this they would put more work into it and it sure as hell would not have an iPhone to show off a "custom case". A lot of it looks and sounds like place holders.

EDIT: As it has been pointed out by TwoSpirits it mentions on the first page it is a draft as of April 7th and the images are just place holders.
I really don't think anyone would go through so much work to put together one of the sloppiest documents of all time and NOT put anything interesting in there. It's all info we know besides maybe the cases. I say it's legit but either way it doesn't matter as there is nothing interesting in here that needs to be proved or not.
I say we just move on.

Upvote 0
*yawn*

Something fake to get all you fanboys all antsy in your pants...nothing to see here, move along.

Please tone this down. Unless I'm way off, it comes off as patronizing. I would like to be able to post about things, even if they get dismissed as fakes, without being accused of being a fanboy. There are other ways to communicate your point.

Upvote 0
Please tone this down. Unless I'm way off, it comes off as patronizing. I would like to be able to post about things, even if they get dismissed as fakes, without being accused of being a fanboy. There are other ways to communicate your point.

A little defensive? Yikes. There's nothing wrong with wanting this phone to come out - I want it as much as the next gal. But if you get upset about that comment then I think you need to step away from you keyboard and go get some fresh air. No worries, right?:)

Upvote 0
Every forum has an MO. I really like how this one is, thanks to bill, and how friendly and non-combative it is. If I want to experience the internet hate machine, I know where to go. I think the comment was condescending in my perception and thought it was contrary to the culture cultivated here, but I could be wrong. No biggy. Just don't like getting lumped into a group as a 'fanboy' which is synonymous with 'sheep'. Lets let this go and handle in PM so as not to distract.

Upvote 0
I'm intrigued by the charging case, HDMI dock, and the color backs but other than that, not a lot of "EVO exclusive" type accessories. I can tell it's an early training draft presentation because it doesn't have finalized pictures in place yet. A lot of the verbage and layout looks like presentation drafts I've seen before. Just because it's an unfinished draft makes it look "fake" but I think it's real - just in it's early planning stages. We will probably see a final draft closer to launch or as a display pamphlet in Sprint stores soon.

Upvote 0
All the videos I've seen of the Evo using HDMI out show it with a video player in landscape mode (but no video playing on the phone, since it's on the TV screen).

A little off-topic, but that's interesting that HTC doesn't do landscape mode. Is this ever a problem? For one thing, I can imagine it would be unfortunate not to be able to use the keyboard in landscape mode. I've been a physical keyboard type of person until now, so this particular scenario concerns me a bit. Other than that, I suppose it'd be nice just to have the option. Why does HTC get rid of landscape mode?

Upvote 0
HTC does landscape mode - I mistyped. I meant HTC Sense (the primary UI) doesn't rotate into landscape mode. When you need to type it can do landscape keyboard though. Hope this helps and sorry for the confusion.

And the Dock is meant to be a place to rest the phone and I assume charge as well as do HDMI out, not a necessity to use HDMI out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones