ahhhSupport

Last Updated:

1. godfall

godfall New Member This Topic's Starter

dropped my samsung moment in a bowl full of cat water earlier.. seem to be working fine, so i unplugged the battery and put it back in

now it says

Downpoading
    DO NOT TAKE OUT TARGET!

and no progress is ever made frmom there. now it went black and I can hardly get it to turn on..

help?

Advertisement
  2. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

seriously, your not joking right?

if not then the best thing you could do is to take out the battery and let it dry out completely for a day or two and hope like hell the water drys all out. if all else fails i hope you have insurance. take this chance and upgrade to a better smartphone.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

You shouldn't have tried to turn it on at all! I've had success with dry rice. Take the battery out, leave the back off, open the charge and headset ports, place flat in a shallow container and cover t n >dry< rice. The rice will help draw out moisture. Leave it alone or a least 48 hours, more is better. I've recovered a machine washed bt headset this way and helped a few friends get back their dumb phones after being thrown into a pool. Good luck

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Sounds like the phone may be toast. Should have kept it in dry rice for at least 48 hours if not more, like pastafaran states.

5. one80oneday

one80oneday Well-Known Member

Downpoading should have been the first clue something wasn't right frmom there