aHome constant FC - Can't boot!!Support

Last Updated:

1. mikey517

mikey517 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to boot into my Eris Safe Mode? When trying to turn on my phone last night, I get a force close pop up telling me aHome has stopped working, "Sorry"... I've been searching since midnight for a way to start Safe Mode, or a step by step of what to do in recovery mode.
    I have a stock Eris on 2.1 OTA, 1.47 bootloader, and I do NOT have root - TOO CHICKEN!! Is a Factory Reset my only alternative?

Advertisement
  2. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member

Well, if its only aHome that FC's, just uninstall and reinstall it.

3. mikey517

I would if I could get the pone started. I'm now in a constant loop...nothing boots except the popup. I'm hoping to get into a safe mode - like Windows, then I can get rid of aHome.....but I'm stick on a black screen with the pop up...over and over and over......

..and I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this Android thing!!

4. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Just root... You wont regret it. Theres no safe mode in android. And technically speaking if ahome fc's then you should boot into sense, otherwise theres something else going on.

Plus you cant do anything helpful in recovery mode without root. If you're insane and for some reason dont want to root for whatever reason, then enter recovery, hold power and the volume up key, then scroll to wipe data or whatever it says.

mikey517 likes this.
  5. mikey517

Thanks guys...I ended up doing a full reset.

I would only want to root for WiFi tethering and to clear out some of the bloatware I'll never use and gain a bit smoother performance. Other than that, I'm not that much of a power user or smart enough to handle access to the inner workings of my phone; just look what I did trying to customize with aHome.

6. ERISLOVER

ERISLOVER Well-Known Member

I sometimes boot up into safe mode but i have no idea how.

7. babyxvie

babyxvie New Member

i have the same problem because of ahome. bt then in my samsung galaxy vibrant though. still doesnt work with the powr + volume up + home key.. i still get into the loop and it goes to my pattern code. =( and it says no signal even if its suppose to be full signal. so i cant do anthing