Ahoy!

Last Updated:

1. thebearjew

thebearjew Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings!

This is my first day on the forums. That is quite interesting as it is also the day of the introduction of the new iPhone.

Last week, I made a visit to the Sprint store to examine the EVO 4G. Needless to say, I was quite impressed. With only one bar of 4G signal, I was tremendously impressed with the speeds achievable on this phone.

Giving Apple the benefit of the doubt, I decided to wait until the announcement to see if Steve could pull some magic rabbit out of his hat. Like many followers, I was quite disappointed. Seeing the progressive innovation in the Android field, and hearing that Apple had plans to best the Andoid competitors with their new device, I was hopeful. The hope was not realized. Instead, I saw another upgrade to an aged system, much like the disappointment with the minimal updates to the 3GS the prior year.

Now, I don't believe I will rush out tomorrow and purchase the EVO. There seems to be a number of quality phones coming out in the next few months, so I will continue to follow and wait, and when my contract expires at the end of next month, I will make the leap into Android territory. It remains to be seen which phone, and with which carrier, but that is exciting in its own way, that there are options... Regardless, I am glad to move on to an open platform with a constant flow of innovative ideas.

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)