• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AIM -> SMS not working?

jryan727

May 31, 2010
Hey everyone-

This is my first post, so.. hi!

I'm not running any AIM clients just yet on my Incredible, because I want to play with it to get a feel for the battery life before running any heavy background apps (like an AIM client). In the meantime, I was telling people to IM me at +1<my 10 digit mobile number>, which worked on all of my previous phones (AIM converts it to a text). I found out I wasn't receiving any of these messages, and I just tested it myself, and confirmed that they're not going through.

Does anyone know if this is an issue somehow unique to the Incredible (which doesn't make very much sense, but is the only variable here, since I thought it worked on my last phone, a BB tour). Or did AIM/AOL stop offering this service?

Thanks,
Jim

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones