[AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new features!

1. mmmark111

mmmark111 Well-Known Member

Please read entire post!

[​IMG]

I really dislike typing out ADB commands. I'm sure some of you feel the same. This program combines some of the most common tasks we perform with ADB and automates them for you.

Where is Recovery Flasher?
    All the features are built into this program. I have decided to expand this program's functionality.

Features Explained

Flash ROM - Place a ROM in the 'ROM' folder renamed rom.zip. Hit enter and the zip will get flashed to your phone automatically

Flash Recovery - Will help you flash a recovery to your phone. For the Optimus V users, it will help you install all the needed drivers as well as obtain root privileges. Optimus T, S, and One phones will be able to flash a recovery.

Wipe dalvik-cache - Self explanatory .

Mount /system r/w - Allows read/write access to /system

Push ROM to SD card - Self explanatory (pushes to root of sd)

Push framework-res.apk - Pushes framework-res.apk to /framework, wipes dalvik-cache, and reboots the phone for you.

Push bootanimation.zip - Will remove boot animation and replace with one of your choice. (removes from /data/local as well as /system/media)

Reboot - Reboot

Reboot into Recovery - Obv.

Recoveries
    CWMA v1.2518.4 for V and S
    drellisdee's Recovery for T and One (thread with dl link will open automatically)

[​IMG]

Recovery Instructions
    - Download
    - Unzip the folder somewhere (desktop is easy)
    - Double click RecoveryFlasher.exe
    - Choose 'flash recovery'
    - Place your phone in debug mode >setting>applications>development>USB debugging
    - Choose what you want to do
    - Follow the prompts and hit "any" key when told
    - Your phone will reboot into the recovery for you, and from there you can mount your sdcard and transfer a new ROM to flash. Or even easier, use the new "Flash ROM to phone" feature :)

You're responsible for your own actions Mr. Sister

Changelog

v2.3.1
    - Complete overhaul
    - All original features retained
    - Can now flash ROM for you
    - Wipe dalvik-cache option
    - Push framework-res.apk added
    - Push bootanimation.zip added
    - Beta support for Optimus T recovery added
    - Fixed Optimus One issue
    - More code cleanup and stability improved
    - Tons of other BS
    - Download ROMTools v2.3.1 with Optimus V drivers
    - Download ROMTools v2.3.1 without drivers

v1.3
    - Beta support for Optimus One recovery added
    - Useful tools added
    ---- Reboot
    ---- Reboot into recovery
    ---- Mount /system
    ---- Push ROM to SD Card (place ROM in the 'ROM' folder and it will be pushed to the root of your SD card)
    - Code cleanup
    - Lots of code rewritten
    - File cleanup
    - Stability improved
    - New font color :)
    - Progress bar added
    - Drivers now optional
    - Other junk I'm forgetting
    - Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (without V drivers)
    - Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (with V drivers)

v1.0
    - Initial release
    - Optimus V and S support
    - Download Recovery Flasher v1.0

FAQ
    Can I use this with a different recovery?
    -Yes. Any recovery can be used for the supported devices.
    -To use an alternate recovery for the V or S, rename the new recovery to vrecovery.img and replace the 'vrecovery.img' included with the new one.
    -For the Optimus One, the recovery needs to be named grecovery.img.
    I don't understand the version numbers. Why did some numbers get skipped?
    -First digit represents a huge change. Second represents new features. Third represents a bug fix
    -2.3.1 = Second huge update with 3 feature revisions and one bug fix

credits: Koush, Zefie, CLShortFuse
    CWMA

Advertisement
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid Well-Known Member

awesome - thanks for this... glad i know the adb method, but this will definitely shorten the process quite a bit!
  3. Merlin1

Merlin1 Well-Known Member

I already have all this done to my phone but i had to post just to tell you how great this is for people that would like a easy method to perform the actions this tool can. I am gonna try your ROM out to show my support and also i posted i would use your ROM once i got the phone in a different thread. :p
  4. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member

Share the knowledge lol. I've used this recovery today around 3pm and it is super easy to do, flat out works like it should. Thanks again
  5. brian417

brian417 New Member

android 2.2.1
    optimus v
    rodimusrom
    xionia_cwma
    everything goes smoothly until just before phone reboots. I get a message in the cmd window that the system can't find the path specified. I put the files on the sd card first then in the recovery flasher folder with the other files with the same results. phone freezes at the LG screen and the only way out is to pull the battery. it seems I am not putting the files where they need to be.
  6. mmmark111

You don't need to put any files on your SD card so I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you trying to flash the recovery that comes with it or a different one?
  7. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what he is doing either. You just run the program then make your backup. After you make your backup then you put your rom on the sd card and flash it. This is by far the easiest way to do this the program does all the work.
  8. doctadunk

doctadunk Member

thank you this looks very easy to do, i was too lazy to do the adb stuff.

yes it worked, had a bit of a problem with the superoneclick root couldnt identify device, i went to my phone and checked usb debugging and after that it detected my phone and finished the steps. cool!
    Coach56 likes this.
  9. brian417

brian417 New Member

what do you mean backup? how do you do that? it won't boot into recovery at all. I downloaded the file xionia and put that on the sd card which didn't work. then I put it in the folder with recoveryflasher.exe. but now I am thinking I didn't need to download xionia because it was already there right? it should still have worked though. there are two cmd windows that open up right before the phone reboots. on the second one it says "the system can't find the path specified" then the phone reboots and freezes.
  10. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Added to guide sticky!
  11. brian417

brian417 New Member

12. mmmark111

As long as everything remains unchanged this should work flawlessly. I'm glad you got it to work though.

ps. big update!
  13. michaeljr10wv

michaeljr10wv Member

Can someone provide a different link? It doens't work for me.

Thanks,

Mike
  14. mmmark111

They work for me. Try the new one.
  15. michaeljr10wv

michaeljr10wv Member

Thanks...it worked

Mike
  16. frontlyna

frontlyna New Member

I cannot get recovery to flash just reboots my phone to stock recovery and nothing else..whats the problem???
  17. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

rename recovery.img to vrecovery.img. It's in the instructions at the very bottom.
  18. rich33389

rich33389 Member

I am trying to put the stock overclocked rom on the V, and I keep getting E:failed to open /sdcard/update.

What am I doing wrong, can someone give me a detailed step by step on what exactly to do in order to get this rom on the phone? do I push rom on sd card? Flash ROM? I am not sure which one to do???
  19. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member

You are using teh wrong menu item.

Choose "Install zip from sdcard".
    If you don't have that option then your recovery flash didn't take.
  20. rich33389

rich33389 Member

Yes, I am choosing install zip from sd card, and I am getting "E:failed to open /sdcard/update."
  21. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

Mount the sd card.
  22. rich33389

rich33389 Member

Here is what I did
    1)downloaded this rom [ROM] Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2) - Android Forums
    2) connected usb debugging and did a shell root with super one click
    3) moved the new ROM into the Rom folder and renamed it ROM.zip, and did not unzip the file
    4)opened ROM tools, did flash rom to phone, flash recovery to phone, and push rom to sd card, and tried all of these in differant orders

When the phone reboots into recovery mode I select install zip from sd card...and I get "E:failed to open /sdcard/update."

I have tried doing the different things mentioned in this thread but, honestly, I do not know what I am doing for sure, so if anyone can point me in the right direction to get this rom onto my phone so I can overclock it!
  23. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

what are the exact options you are hitting in recovery mode?
    gvc likes this.
  24. rich33389

rich33389 Member

My options are...
    reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
  25. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are in the stock recovery. Follow the instructions to rename the recovery.img to vrecovery.img and then flash that. You will get a bunch more options.

edit: do this at your own risk. I am new to this also.