• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Air bubbles under screen protector. Need help removing screen protector.

TheFrigz

Jul 2, 2011
dropped my phone, and it seems to have caused some bubbles on the screen protector..i couldn't find a way to fix it. the bubbles are in the corners so it isn't a huge deal. everything else seems to be working fine. how do i take off the screen protector to replace it? it's stuck on there pretty good. sorry for the dumb question.

get some scotch tape. run the tape along the diagonal of the screen protector. Make sure the tape hangs off the corner by an inch or so, so you have something to grip.

Push down firmly on the tape to make sure it's grabbing onto the screen cover well.

Now, you should take hold of the overhang and pull straight up from the screen. The protector should peel up.

I've done this quite a bit to fix misapplied protectors, bubbles, etc. Very safe; won't introduce dust, won't scratch screen.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones