Air Gesture Not WorkingSupport

1. mvstx

mvstx Member

I have air gesture enabled, but I can't get it to work. Is there a set up? In what operations is it available?

Advertisement
    :
  2. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

Air Gesture should activate when you open the internet browser. You should see the hand symbol up top. It wont work with google chrome or Dolphin browser.
  3. mvstx

mvstx Member

Opened built in browser. Air Gesture not working. Can scroll by finger swipe. Any suggestions?
    BTW, smart scroll, is working. The one that follows head or eye nod.
  4. LookSir,Droids

LookSir,Droids Well-Known Member

Go to menu --> settings

--> My device (tab at top of screen)
    --> Motions and Gestures
    --> Press on Air Gesture (don't just slide to On)

And from there you can customize exactly which Air Gestures you want to take advantage of.

To get a good idea of the functionality of Air Gestures, try 'Quick Glance' as a first time operation. It allows you to wave your hand over the screen when the phone is locked to preview notifications and some relevant information.

Hope this helps.
    erikadyo likes this.
  5. mvstx

mvstx Member

Thanks for the input. Still does not work. Samsung tech rep thinks I need to exchange for another. Never expected this.
  6. LookSir,Droids

LookSir,Droids Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. Do you have a case on the phone? Does it cover the sensor? Is your hand within 3 inches of the phone when using the air gestures?

If you found me helpful, feel free to 'thank me' :)
  7. mvstx

mvstx Member

Do you have a case on the phone? Does it cover the sensor? Is your hand within 3 inches of the phone when using the air gestures?

No. No. Yes.

I do not get the hand icon showing it's activated.
  8. mvstx

mvstx Member

It started working. Don't ask me how. I tried everything above and then some. Was thinking about hard reset. Left the phone aside while I went back to working. Later, reached for phone, and quick glance appeared for 1st time.

One change I did do had nothing to do with problem. I turned on power saving mode from the drop down before I set the phone aside.

Almost wish it stayed broke. Now I don't know if it was a bug in my phone or one of my apps interfering. I don't see how it was me mis-handling set ups (there is not much to it), but it could have been.

Thanks for all the help you guys gave (and continue to give).

Still love my Galaxy S4.

(Side note) When I had S2, wife wanted 1st smart phone. She went for iPhone. After a couple of weeks, she told me it wasn't as good as my Galaxy. She got the S3 and is extremely happy with it. Luckily she realized this in the 30 day satisfaction exchange period.
  9. erikadyo

erikadyo Member

worked for me thanks
  10. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

It very well could have been a bug. I had a bug where the screen capture wouldnt even work on the try it demo for the life of it then all of a sudden out of the blue it started working.
  11. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

I don't think they're working on mine either. What exactly are they supposed to do?
  12. farhad28

farhad28 New Member

first active air gesture (by any way) then lock screen and now if you want to see your missed call and others you must put your phone horizontality (for example on the desk) ... now ready... move your hand above sensor
    join it :)
  13. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

Not working on mine either. The only gesture that works is when phone is off (and on a surface) I can wave over for a status screen that briefly appears. But forget screen capture or mute when playing media. Not a deal breaker, but certainly a bit frustrating.