Air Gestures not working at allSupport

Last Updated:

1. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Well-Known Member

I can't get Air Gestures to work... at all

I've gone into all the settings and turned everything on. Yes, even the settings within the settings (Settings > My Device > Motions and Gestures > Air Gesture > Quick Glance, Air Jump, etc...)
    I've even restarted, taken battery out, etc...

Everything is set to On but no luck. Even when I go to each one and select 'Try it', it doesn't even work then!

Could my sensor be broken? Seems strange...

Advertisement
  2. andyacecandy

Also, weird thing is that Air View does work...

Most of the motion stuff works except for the ones that would require the same sensor Air Gesture uses... like Direct Call doesn't work. The one where if you're sending someone a text and just want to call them, you can put phone to you ear and it calls them. Mine won't.

Something is definitely up with my sensor, right?
  3. matther22xdroid

matther22xdroid Well-Known Member

It does sound like it. By chance have you gone through your application manager and disabled any apps?
  4. andyacecandy

I don't think so... but I'm thinking maybe a downloaded app has interfered with it?

Update: just did a hard reset and my air gestures STILL DO NOT WORK :(
  5. andyacecandy

Hoping the update fixes this for me.... but I'm on Sprint and haven't gotten any updates yet
  6. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hope for it, instead I would suggest, you take the device back to service/shop and ask them to fix it.

It's very rare anyone complain about Air Gestures, which would imply it's not a generic, Sprint related problem. Highly likely device's fault.

You can test the sensors, just to be sure. Open the keypad, *#0*#

Look for "Sensor", 3rd row from the top, center button. Press it, and you will find "Gesture Sensor", look for little button; ""crosstalk" and "direction". Try both. See how the sensor responds and let us know.

cheers
  7. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

I initially thought mine weren't working right either. Then I realized that the gestures that I was having problems with, requires that the phone be on a flat surface, such as the holding palm over phone while screen is off to get the information screen. I had mine on the arm of my couch which is not flat, so they were not working. Once I placed it on a flat surface, all gestures worked as advertised. Still suck at taking a screenshot using side of hand though. :D
  8. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

Don't forget that it's more involved than just turning air gestures on. You then have to go into air gestures and enable the specific air gestures you wish to use.
  9. andyacecandy

Yes, I know... :rolleyes:
  10. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

Didn't mean to insult your intelligence. But thought it might help someone with a similar issue who didn't realize that just turning on gestures doesn't enable it until the features themselves are enabled.
  11. JustBeThere

JustBeThere New Member

Hi I am also facing similar problems i cant make direction gestures but holding palm above screen works so therefore I tried your method using *#0*# the results I got from "crosstalk" was A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 and from the "direction" there was no respond or any result.