airplane mode after factory reset!Support

Last Updated:

1. pho

pho Member This Topic's Starter

thought doing a factory reset would get my phone out of airplane mode.. apparently not and i cant get out of it... 2nd samsung moment guess i'll try to return it again.

Advertisement
  2. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Thats some bad luck, I've had the moment since Nov 2nd and use wifi all the time haven't 1nce had the problem. So yea definitely exchange it.

3. pho

pho Member This Topic's Starter

some how it fixed itself when i took the SD card out and turned it on, i put the SD card back in eventually and still works now... that was wierd

4. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

That is strange

5. DroidUser1

DroidUser1 Well-Known Member

I think you jumped the gun doing a factory reset.

Try going to settings-Location- and turn the top two on. It worked for me and I almost did what you did. :confused: It was weird no airplane icon or anything and I was stuck in airplane mode.

6. CorollaChemist

CorollaChemist Member

My phone as well does it. I have a rooted Samsung Moment, and the only time it hops into Airplane mode is in low-signal areas. It's happened twice in my office area where I get anywhere from 0-1 bars.

The first time it happened I missed an important phone call. This kind of bug is unacceptable, and I see that it's been reported since November..so coming up on 5 months.

No fixes yet apparently. Getting pissed.

7. JPD

JPD Active Member

yep - sprint rep told me yesterday that it was because I was in an area where they were working on some of the towers... I dropped 3 calls on the way home from work yesterday...in Fort Worth, TX - not out in the woods somewhere...I'm not happy about it...

8. ZimLanfire

ZimLanfire Active Member

I've just more-or-less learned to live with random Airplane Mode.

It seems to last a couple of days with WiFi off, and a day or so with it on without slipping into that mode.

I'm really hoping that the 2.1 update will fix the problem, and that it's not a hardware-related problem.

9. JPD

JPD Active Member

My deal is that I just got the phone last week... my 30 days is up on April 21st... If the update doesn't come out and help it I'm not sure what I'll do... I wonder if I can return the phone and have them reinstate my Upgrade status and just wait for the EVO... In all honesty - I was less frustrated with my LG Lotus...

10. JPD

JPD Active Member

I have a question... If Sprint is offering a new device to remedy the issue - should I take it and then see what happens or just wait for the 2.1 update thinking that it will resolve the issue...?

11. bhatchfield

bhatchfield Member

I'm on my 2nd Sprint moment puchased at best buy. 1st one and this one all did the airplane mode thing (along tiwht all the other symptoms). They told me to take the 2nd one to sprint to have the software updated, Went there, did that, did same thing only it got worse after the s/w update. Back to best buy. They've sent it off for their black tie service. Ten days later, I still have had no reply from best buy, the website says my unit was received and is waiting to be assigned to a technician. Grrrrrr.

12. Bigjohn

Bigjohn Well-Known Member

try the speedrabbit Kernel over at sdx-developers.com. Never had 'airplane mode' go on by 'accident'.