Alarm App that turns on phone: Is this possible?Support

Last Updated:

1. Bk2fut

Bk2fut Active Member This Topic's Starter

Or is this a hardware limitation?

My previous five cell phones (at least) would all turn themselves on at the allotted time when I set the alarm.

I love my new Android powered phone (LG GT540) but this is a major upset for me; I've been using my phone as my alarm clock and travel alarm for years.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

My phone has that built into the hardware. I would search the market and see if there are any alarm clock apps that support that feature. I'm assuming you have attempted this with your new phone and been unsuccessful?

Bk2fut likes this.
  3. Bk2fut

Bk2fut Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply; yes, I've searched the settings but don't see any option to enable this.

I'll keep looking through the apps... sadly, 'Alarm' brings up so many results that it may take a while...

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

When you say "turn on", are you referring to having it boot up from an unpowered state, or simply to have it toggle the cellular radio? If it's the former, I believe you're out of luck. For the latter, you have a few options.

1. Timeriffic (my choice)
    2. Locale
    3. Tasker (though I could be wrong on this one)

Edit: If your just looking for an alarm clock (in the wake-me-up sense), I'd recommend this

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.vp.alarmClockPlusDock

I like it as it just plain works and lets you decide whether or not you want the alarm icon in your notification bar.

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

What you want is impossible with Android.

On the other hand, what is the point of switching your phone off for the night if you can use flight mode instead?

6. drftnoff

drftnoff New Member

HTC Mytouch did this with stock clock