Alarm Clock Alerts

Last Updated:

1. wimpythewhite

wimpythewhite Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

They all scare the hell out of me when they go off, is there a way of setting a tune thats more calming in the morning

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

There are some calm ones aren't there? Download a ringtone app and choose a calmer one :p

wimpythewhite likes this.
  3. -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R-

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- Member

Does clock app have to be running for the alarm to go off?
    One morning it woke me up, the other, after I used a task manager to close processes, it didn't go off. Now I put it on an ignore list and did some testing...it rings now, but I just want to be on a safe side, when it comes to waking me in the morning :)

4. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

I have the same problem - even the calming ones come on loud! Some mornings I'm ragged out of my sleep so hard that I fall out of bed, and at the moment I don't have any carpet fitted because I had to take the carpet up to have central heating fitted, so it's not exactly a soft landing!

I have not yet been able to find the volume control but would be interested if anyone knows of one.

I guess one solution would be to edit the alarm tone of your choice on a computer (using Soundforge, or something similar), and make it quieter, then save it under a similar name, but with "quiet" or something afterwards. Then you can just use that tone for your alarm.

5. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Yes I believe it does as I have found out the last couple of days after stupidly taking it off the Ignore List, nearly didn't get picked up for work as I was still in bed, oops.

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

It does require the clock function to be running!!!

7. chris100575

chris100575 Well-Known Member

When you're on the screen to set the alarm press menu > settings. The alarm volume is under there. I only wish there was an option for it to start quietly and gradually get louder.

gie62001 and StevenSeed like this.
  8. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

Got it, brilliant. There are some other good options in there too. No more cracking my head on my uncarpetted floor now!

I keep forgetting that the menu button is there - it seems to solve most problems.

9. jabtas

jabtas Well-Known Member

Try an app called Alarm Klock, that has an inbuilt option to start quiet and build up over a period of time

10. Android1

Android1 Well-Known Member

You need Gentle Alarm - it is amazing.

11. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

Why not just pick an mp3 that starts quietly and gently and moves up to loud over time? I made "wake up Boo" by the Boo's my wake up alarm tone. Starts very gently and gives you enough time to take note of it before it hits the loud notes.

12. Willie Heckerslyke

Willie Heckerslyke Well-Known Member

I must be missing something here...but how do you assign an mp3 to the alarm for wake up? I'd already found the option in the Menu for setting the volume of it...but nothing for 'which' tone/tune to play..... :confused:

13. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

Hey Willie. Make a new folder anywhere really on your SD called "alarms". Any MP3's you drop in there should be found by your alarm. All I did and all were found

-V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- likes this.
  14. Willie Heckerslyke

Willie Heckerslyke Well-Known Member

You're right....thanks Eugene ;)