• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarm Clock Apps

idoun

Jul 1, 2011
I have a lot of trouble getting out of bed in the morning and noticed a number of Android alarm clocks, but none seems to have a feature I am looking for. The problem is that I can easily snooze an alarm clock, or if I keep the alarm clock across the room it will stop itself after a minute or so if I don't do anything, and then it repeat at 10-15 minute intervals and I'll only really wake up after an hour of this.

Is there an alarm clock that can play music (maybe a song that I choose) or a regular alarm, for a FIXED period of time, perhaps 5 or 10 minutes, regardless of whether I press "Dismiss" or whatever on the phone?

Thanks!

Using Alarm Clock Plus. From what I understand about it, if you disable Auto Dismiss, it wont stop playing until you manually dismiss it. What I like about it though (and Alarm Clock Xtreme) is setting a randomly generated math problem which requires to be solved for the alarm to stop. LOL. Imagine trying to get an annoying alarm to stop when you just got out of bed and makes you solve a math problem set to "difficult". LOL. And my alarm tune is the Nyan Cat song. LOL.

Upvote 0
Using Alarm Clock Plus. From what I understand about it, if you disable Auto Dismiss, it wont stop playing until you manually dismiss it. What I like about it though (and Alarm Clock Xtreme) is setting a randomly generated math problem which requires to be solved for the alarm to stop. LOL. Imagine trying to get an annoying alarm to stop when you just got out of bed and makes you solve a math problem set to "difficult". LOL. And my alarm tune is the Nyan Cat song. LOL.

How many math problems are there and how hard are the "difficult" ones? I'm just wondering if this would be sustainable for me, many years ago I actually kept really hard math problems on top of my alarm clock and when I woke up and saw one I just had to solve it or at least work at it and would be fully awake, but I am extremely good at math so they would need to be really hard. I was using problems from math competitions before.

Thanks for all these responses, I will try these!

Upvote 0
How many math problems are there and how hard are the "difficult" ones? I'm just wondering if this would be sustainable for me, many years ago I actually kept really hard math problems on top of my alarm clock and when I woke up and saw one I just had to solve it or at least work at it and would be fully awake, but I am extremely good at math so they would need to be really hard. I was using problems from math competitions before.

Thanks for all these responses, I will try these!

Well, at the highest difficulty I've seen questions like (1146-116)x2. However you can also set it that you need to answer a maximum of 25 questions before it stops.

Upvote 0
I have a lot of trouble getting out of bed in the morning and noticed a number of Android alarm clocks, but none seems to have a feature I am looking for. The problem is that I can easily snooze an alarm clock, or if I keep the alarm clock across the room it will stop itself after a minute or so if I don't do anything, and then it repeat at 10-15 minute intervals and I'll only really wake up after an hour of this.

Is there an alarm clock that can play music (maybe a song that I choose) or a regular alarm, for a FIXED period of time, perhaps 5 or 10 minutes, regardless of whether I press "Dismiss" or whatever on the phone?

Thanks!

I use the app called Alarm Klock. I believe it has everything you are looking for in an alarm. It lets you pick music,has a snooze you must manually dismiss or it keeps going off and you can pick any song from your music collection.

Upvote 0
Wait, maybe I was unclear in my post, all of these seem to have a snooze option, I am looking for an alarm clock WITHOUT a snooze, and without a possibility of my manually dismissing it. So I would basically want the alarm to continue for maybe 5 minutes without a way for me to turn it off. I wonder if this exists? I will try one of the math problem options otherwise.

Downloaded Alarm Clock Xtreme Free and while there is a way to turn off the snooze there is no way to turn off the manual dismiss option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones