Alarm Clock Dock for CaptivateAccessories

Last Updated:

1. estefana

estefana Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any alarm clock docks with speakers out there that works well with the Captivate and have a universal stand for it? It doesn't matter if it charges the Captivate (though that would be nice).
    I'm starting to think I'm going to have to hack an ipod dock/alarm clock to work with my Cappy but that would void the warranty of the dock...

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. evileyez3

evileyez3 Active Member

The Desktop dock has an audio out port on the back. **BUT** it will not work with the 2.1 OS.

You will either have to root the phone and get a cooked ROM on it, or wait for Samsung's official Froyo (2.2) in the next coming weeks/or month. There is no release date slated, so waiting or rooting would be up to you. Here's the link for the dock: Samsung Captivate/ Samsung SGH-I897/ AT&T Captivate Multimedia Station and Desktop cradle, Samsung ECR-D981BEGSTA: Samsung Captivate/ Samsung SGH-I897/ AT&T Captivate cell phone models Multimedia Station with travel charger also synchronizes with you

It's cheaper if you get it from cellularaccessory.com or ebay as opposed to Samsung's website. Hope this helped.

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Is that thing even in stock? The last time I checked, Samsung has cancelled all docks.

4. gary1949

gary1949 Well-Known Member

Yes - it's in stock. Ordered and received mine several weeks ago. Nice piece.

5. warrior100

warrior100 Member

6. RocketRay

RocketRay Active Member

I just got a dock and am running Cognition 2.3b6, but the audio port in the back doesn't work. Didn't find any appropriate settings for it either.

Has anyone else gotten it to work? What ROM?

7. Rangerfan

Rangerfan Member

It won't work with any type of case, that throws off the alignment with the connector.