alarm clock failed me again today!Support

Last Updated:

1. rainmanne

rainmanne Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's getting quite annoying that I can't rely on my phone's alarm clock. I haven't had a separate alarm clock for years and I don't feel like buying it now. I can't really understand why the alarm does not work. It is like the phone gets into a sleeping mode and alarm clock stops working. Another sign is Astro player stops between songs and does not resume until I wake up the phone. Very frustrating!

Advertisement
  2. deno73

deno73 Well-Known Member

Try using the count down timer...hasn't let me down yet. Although I'm an eris owner. Cousin to the hero I've also had trouble with the alarm!

3. steve_f

steve_f Member

Are you using a task killer app?

If so, add the clock application to the ignore list. If the clock process gets stopped, the alarm won't sound.

4. rainmanne

It is in the ignore list. But it doesn't help unfortunately :(

5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Better yet, uninstall the task killer.

I used to use a task killer but it caused more problems than it saved. When I uninstalled it, my battery life improved by about 1 day and the phone is rock solid. I just reboot once / week.

6. JimR123

JimR123 Well-Known Member

I once had my alarm not working. Turned out it was just that the alarm volume was turned right down to silent.

You can make sure the volume is up, by editing the alarm, and go and choose the alarm sound. While in the list of alarm sounds, use the volume buttons to turn the volume to what you like.

Never had a problem with it since.

Oh, and make sure that if you're using a task killer, that you only kill stuff that you know what they do.

7. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

My hero's alarm has woken me up every morning without fail for 4 months. Not saying this to be annoying, just to highlight that its likely that either you must be doing something wrong (e.g. a task killer incorrectly configured) or some app you have installed is messing things up.

8. rainmanne

Yes, I've got s feeling that sooner of the applications is messing it up. The volume is ok as the alarm goes of as soon the phone is woken up and I definitely do not kill the clock. I've got a few applications starting automatically, which I do not know how to stop doing that. Is there a way to manage startup applications?

9. aje1967

aje1967 New Member

My alarm clock does not work at all. I have uninstalled the task killer and checked all the volumes 10 times, turned the vibrate on and off and all it does is blink the track ball. It will vibrate if I have that turned on. Not sure what the problem is.

10. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

when you set the alarm...does it still popup at the bottom saysing somthing like Alarm is set for XX minutes from now?

11. steve_f

steve_f Member

Have you assigned a ringtone to the alarm, and the ringtone has been deleted?

12. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

+1 Task killer slowed my phone up no end

13. rainmanne

I would not use a task killer but for killing apps which are launched at startup. I have no idea how to prevent them launching.

14. Bergenser1

Bergenser1 New Member

I have never experienced any problems regarding task killer and alarm clock.
    The problem i have noticed is that when i turn down "media volume" it also turns down the "alarm volume" an thus rendering the alarm useless.

15. rainmanne

Somethong is brewing in my phone again I can feel it. The first symptom is Astro player stops between songs when the phone is in the locked mode. Bringing the screen to life resumes playing. Also when I unlocked the phone it took the clock a few seconds to update time. Usually it happens almost instantly but this time I could switched to another screen and back before it happened. I set the alarm for the next 5 min to check if it works. Will report tomorrow if I manage to wake up in time.

16. stantheman1976

stantheman1976 Member

Once the alarms is set it does it need to be rechecked every day as long as no app killer is installed?

17. rainmanne

The clock on my Hero stopped at 2:28am this night. I now use my wife's mobile as a backup alarm clock. So it went off, I woke up the screen of my phone and it was displaying 2:28. The alarm clock icon in the notification area was also missing. It appeared a few seconds after I unlock the screen together with updated time. The alarm worked last evening BTW.

18. CrashRhin0

CrashRhin0 Member

I've had this problem for the last week or so, I actually just fixed it. Turns out I accidentally put the phone on 'Silent Mode' by long pressing the power button trying to turn my phone off. When I powered it back on, I set my ringer back to loud, but apparently when you go 'Silent' it kills the alarm clock volume. Go into your alarm clock and choose ringtone, then hit the volume rocker up and see if it was at X instead of =======. You can also download a free market application to 'fake call' your phone, at a particular time, and use it as an impromptu alarm clock.

19. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS! x2

20. maz6870

maz6870 New Member

My clock just lags, so that the alarm is sometimes late going off, I think it does go to sleep! I dont have any app killers in fact I have very little on it as it is a new phone. Am upset that a phone with such high spec cannot do the simplest of things!

21. Oceanphobia

Oceanphobia New Member

My problem is that my alarm will go off the first time I manually set it, but since I have it set to repeat every workday, I don't bother resetting. But, for some odd reason, after I dismiss my alarm the first time, the phone turns the alarm volume all the way to silent.

I recently installed one of those apps that lets you see all of your volume controls separately, and this is how I realized my alarm volume was mysteriously going to 0 after being dismissed. So, now, after dismissing my alarm, I just turn the volume back up.

...would be nice to not have to do that though.

22. Nille83

Nille83 Member

My alarm dident work today. So my work called me :)

I dont use appkiller. Its litle annoying

23. rainmanne

After a couple of weeks of good work the alarm did not go off this morning. I have a suspicion that there is a conflict between email notifications and probably a paused media player. But again I can be wrong.

24. Hoosh

Hoosh Member

I've had this problem with my hero too and it has really disappointed me. I am going to try putting my alarm clock on the task killer ignore list and see if that works.

The one way I have dealt with this problem prior to reading this thread was pretty simple. Before going to bed I would kill all my tasks and then I would open up my alarm clock, reset/set my alarm, and toggle the alarm ring. This worked on days when I knew it was critical that I had to get up in time.

25. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Thats your problem... You can't expect your alarm to work if you killed the service that rings it! Its a problem with you not the phone :p