Alarm clock issue!!Support

Last Updated:

1. vector8724

vector8724 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, After almost being late for work this morning I really need to get this sorted!

If my phone is on charge the alarm will not go off! As soon as i take it off charge the alarm works fine! I have only had the phone a few days and so far it is the only issue I have had but it needs sorting!!!

Any help is gratefull!!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I presume that the phone is on and that you're not using a task killer app? Do you get the same thing if you use a 3rd part alarm from the market (by the way, these are much better than the built-in one)

3. vector8724

I do use advanced task killer but that doesn't affect the alarm clock. Also yes the phone is on just asleep obviously (screen not on)

4. scokem

scokem Active Member

Don't use advanced task killer - you don't need a task killer as Android is designed to handle that stuff itself. I suggest you uninstall it and then see if the alarm goes off as expected. When I first had my phone (before I was aware of the task killer issue) I'd seen advanced task killer recommended and used it for one day - found out it was bad the same way you did...

5. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

try alarm Klock from the market its free but not as beautyful as stock one, however, does its job perfectly and a bit more functional :)

6. vector8724

okay it appears that advanced task killer was killing it! not used to that as before on my g1 i just used taskiller and that never affected the alarm clock!

If it now handles the apps itself why when i click on kill apps does it kill say 3 or 4 apps?

7. keyser soze

keyser soze Member

If using task killer "ignore" the clock app. After doing this had no problem with the alarm.

8. SUroot

Just don't use it. then it kills nothing. Waste of time and resources IMO.

9. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I think it's a great thing to have in case an app is playing up or something, but just be sure not to kill the clock application.

10. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

I've not used a task killer. Just use the inbuilt running apps within settings and kill the apps needed within that.

11. SUroot

I agree that sometimes an app (technical terminology coming up) gets itself in a tiz and needs to be killed. But rather than using a task manager application to do this (which constantly monitors, increasing battery usage), use something like astro file manager, which has this feature built in?

I have built in Task managers in Astro file manager and also in system Panel (which is an extremely useful app too btw)..

Edit> plus what Jay_Kay says ;)

12. frankingeneral

frankingeneral New Member

I just had an alarm clock issue with my Droid this morning. It just plain didn't go off. I've had my Droid since February, and have had advanced task killer since the day I got the phone and it has never once interfered with my alarm clock.

Woke up this morning (Tuesday) at 645am, and the lock screen still read that the next alarm was "Tues 6:00am." I added the alarm clock to the ignore list in task killer as someone above suggested, hopefully this fixes the problem.

13. DCFC79

DCFC79 Well-Known Member

Ive had an issue since sunday night where i messed around with the settings and the last 2 mornings the alarm hasnt gone off despite it being set and a notification being set as well, does the alarm not work if the phone is turned off as that would be why it didnt go off monday morning, ill try the alarm klock app and see where i get