• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm Clock Issues

Has anyone noticed any issues with Snooze on the alarm clock? I had one alarm set to 6:25 with a snooze at 10 min set to go off 5 times. I also set another alarm for 6:45 to snooze every 5 min set to go off 3 times. (I know Im paranoid, but sometimes I accidently turn off my first alarm) Anyways, when I do this, the first alarm set at 6:25 goes off, but when i push snooze, it won't go off in ten minutes like it's supposed to. I've gotten up late for work for 2 days in a row trying to get this thing working by tweaking the settings. I even tried turning off the 6:45 alarm cause I thought they might conflict.

In the end I found that the 6:45 alarm set for 3 total snoozes at 5 min apart seemed to do its proper job. Maybe the extra choices are in the phone, but aren't functioning properly? i.e. snooze gaps >5 min and snooze alarms >3? This is kind of frustrating.

This phone hasn't been giving me a smooth transition from my former iphone 3g... with the lagginess (i'd rather not install apps like Launcher Pro to make my phone home screen transitions smoother), GPS issues (which i seemed to finally fix), bouncing reception bars and lower WIFI detection, and now this alarm clock. Don't even get me started on the dismal choices and quality of the apps I have found in the App store. I hate to say it but I'm pretty close to returning this phone. The screen quality and notifications seem to be the only thing preventing me from going back. Heeeeelp I really don't want to! I need convincing that this phone will leave me satisfied! I really wanted to like Android, but I don't think AT&T wants me to.:thinking:

Okay, so another day, another alarm issue...

Set ONE alarm for 6:30 am, with 3 total snoozes at 10 minute intervals.

Here's how it went:

1. Alarm went off at 6:30 am, as it was supposed to.
2. I pushed the snooze button, the alarm went into snooze mode.
3. The alarm didn't go off again until 7:00 am.

30 minutes LATER?! Am I missing something here??? Shouldn't the alarm go off after 10 minutes of pressing snooze? and then repeat 2 more times?

Upvote 0
You ever figure out your issue? I've had the following happen to me twice now: my alarm's set for one 10 min snooze, but it inexplicably changes so that when the alarm goes off & I hit snooze, it's then set for only 3mins. Of course, it diligently then goes off again 3mins later, robbing me of 7mins of snooze time :mad:

The only thing I can think of is that the smart alarm is set to go off 3mins before the regular alarm (which it does, w/o fail), & that somehow that 3mins setting is getting translated into the regular alarm :thinking:

Upvote 0
Can't say I've messed around much with the alarms, but could I advise that you try out the settings on the evening? You said you were late to work twice, if it's still not working then spend some time setting alarms for like 7pm and seeing if you can get the settings to work.

I'm sat trying mine out now to get back to you. So far I've set it for 5:30 with 3 snoozes, 3 mins apart.

Upvote 0
Try Alarm Clock Pro on the market. It's got a free and pay version. Lots of customization options.

I typically set mine with a loud and slightly obnoxious ringtone, with a "hard" math problem to solve before I can hit snooze or completely dismiss the alarm. The alarm won't dismiss/snooze until you get the problem correct, either. By the time I get it right (on most mornings, several attempts), I'm usually completely awake.

The developer is also very responsive to e-mails and such - if you have any issues with the app, I'm sure he can walk you through solving them.

Upvote 0
I have mine set for every 5 minutes, 10 times. Never had an issue with the snooze. My only issue in the beginning was that the alarm wouldn't go off at all before the "use network provided values" for date/time was checked and for some reason my phone wouldn't update the time until I unlocked. This was before I use UltimateJuice to disable data until I unlocked the phone, as well.

Upvote 0
My issue is that once an alarm is set, I can't cancel it! Even if I unclick the clock icon and it goes dark and there is no icon in the status bar, the alarm still goes off! But, this is a crappy Samsung product so I guess I shouldn't expect it to actually work as advertised.

To get rid of alarm, delete it. Hold your finger on the alarm you have set in the alarm screen until the option comes up to delete the alarm, then delete it.

Upvote 0
Hopefully this is the right place to put my question about the alarm.

I just experienced an issue first hand that i now know isn't caused by oversleep or an overly deep sleep. Just set the alarm for 7:50 pm and it never went off. Instead when I checked the time on my phone it was showing 7:36 when it was actually 7:55. So yeah the alarm obviously didnt go off. Only after a few seconds did the time update correctly with no alarm still. What is causing this?

Upvote 0
Hopefully this is the right place to put my question about the alarm.

I just experienced an issue first hand that i now know isn't caused by oversleep or an overly deep sleep. Just set the alarm for 7:50 pm and it never went off. Instead when I checked the time on my phone it was showing 7:36 when it was actually 7:55. So yeah the alarm obviously didnt go off. Only after a few seconds did the time update correctly with no alarm still. What is causing this?
Who knows. This phone is full of bugs. We shouldn't have to install workaround apps to get basic phone functionality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones