alarm clock modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. irish

irish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the screen from going to sleep mode while in alarm clock mode? Last night was my first night with it and I put it in alarm clock mode, but the screen would time out with in a minute and wont stay illuminated. Am I missing something here?

Advertisement
  2. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member

The only way I have been able to keep the clock on is to use the Desktop Dock. I had the same problem the first night I had the phone. I picked up a new dock yesterday and used it for the first time last night. The clock stayed on all night. Luckily it has a day and night setting to adjust back-lighting as the day setting lit up the entire bedroom. :) Hope this helps.

3. irish

irish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK. I went to buy a dock yesterday and found that would have to removed my silicone case ever time I wanted to place it in the dock. It wouldn't fit other wise. I need the clock to stay on, looks like a trip to Verizon today. Thanks for the reply.

4. Eggwardo

Eggwardo Member

You can turn on "Stay Awake" and then plug it in. Stay awake keeps the screen on while plugged in.
    Settings -> Applications -> Development

I would think if your leaving the screen on you would need it plugged in anyway. But i dont know what alarm clock mode is. I like "Desk Cradle" but i dont use it since i already have a clock in my room.

5. Woolfman

Woolfman Member

Just plugging the phone into a charger will keep it from going to sleep.