• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help alarm clock mode

irish

May 2, 2010
Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the screen from going to sleep mode while in alarm clock mode? Last night was my first night with it and I put it in alarm clock mode, but the screen would time out with in a minute and wont stay illuminated. Am I missing something here?

The only way I have been able to keep the clock on is to use the Desktop Dock. I had the same problem the first night I had the phone. I picked up a new dock yesterday and used it for the first time last night. The clock stayed on all night. Luckily it has a day and night setting to adjust back-lighting as the day setting lit up the entire bedroom. :) Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
You can turn on "Stay Awake" and then plug it in. Stay awake keeps the screen on while plugged in.
Settings -> Applications -> Development

I would think if your leaving the screen on you would need it plugged in anyway. But i dont know what alarm clock mode is. I like "Desk Cradle" but i dont use it since i already have a clock in my room.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones