• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alarm clock not working

fporter

Jul 29, 2010
Hi,
I've read through the other suggested alarm threads but didn't find a solution.

In my case the screen turns on but the alarm screen does not display nor does any alarm sound or vibration happen. I do not have a task manager installed and i verified via the QuickSettings app that the alarm volume is turned up. It has been many days since I had power cycled my phone.

I tried setting a new alarm a few minutes from the current time and it did not activate at all... same thing: no alarm screen, no sound or vibration.

I power cycled my phone and setup a new alarm. This time it worked perfectly.

Is Android killing the phone app at some point to free up memory? Do I need to activate the clock app before I go to bed to make sure its running? But what if it gets killed overnight--odds aren't likely as I won't be using it.

thanks,
Fred

Alarm clock didn't go off again this morning. I had power cycled late in the afternoon to fix another annoying problem (3g wouldn't connect after spending a weekend with no cell or data connection in a remote area). This morning i woke an hour late. Then I activated the screen to check time then pressed power button again to turn off screen and it wouldn't turn off, nor did it time out and turn itself off. Another power cycle to fix this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones