Alarm Clock Problem on MomentSupport

Last Updated:

1. jimmy221

jimmy221 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my moment about one month. I noticed the alarm clock sometime worked, sometime not. especially set up run time over 5 or 6 hours. If it passed the setup time, the alarm clock didn't run, but the setup time still showed on the locked screen(before you unlock your phone). It should show the next run time, not the last run time. I use advanced task killer to kill everything before I go to bed. Is that related? Or it has some problem with the phone?
    Anyone has some advices?

Advertisement
  2. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

Probably the task killer. If the alarm clock program isn't running it won't go off. I haven't used my phone as an alarm for very much more than an egg timer but I have needed it for a week straight to get up in the morning and it worked flawlessly.

3. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

Mine works without a hitch everday I want it to, I would agree with the task killer app theory.

4. AndroidStephen

AndroidStephen Well-Known Member

My stock alarm clock has worked everytime.. no problems at all. (as long as I set it properly.. lol)

5. MadCap

MadCap Member

Had the same problem.. Figured out it was that task killer. Just let the alarm clock run and you'll be fine

6. FabFem

FabFem New Member

Has anyone ever experienced a problem where they sent the alarm clock, the alarm never goes off, and when you check the phone again, it's totally dead? I had to pull the battery to get the phone to start back up again.

7. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

I use the alarm clock everyday and I have TasKiller. I've never had a problem with the alarm clock not going off but I'm sure your task killer has something to do with it. See if you have an ignore list for your killer and put the alarm clock on it.

8. MrvinTheMarshin

MrvinTheMarshin New Member

Sometimes when I set my alarm it just doesnt go off, I dont know why, at first I though it was me sleeping through it, but with that obnoxious Rooster alarm theres no freakin way...I'll try out the task killer theory, I do use that frequently...

9. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

That is your problem, add the alarm clock to the ignore list in task killer (long press on the alarm clock and select ignore). I have ATK myself and tested that as soon as i got it, before i need it thankfully, and sure enough if you kill the process with ATK no alarm.

10. chandler3382

chandler3382 New Member

if you have an alarm set on the default app and you never hit dismiss or watever it is. how long does the alarm go off

11. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I think it has a setting in the menu to decide that. It goes from 30 seconds up to so many minutes. I would look but I removed the alarm app and installed a different one.

12. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

I see nothing for setting how long the alarm goes off. Volume and snooze yes, but not duration.