• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarm Clock problem

King James

Jul 21, 2009
had a problem with my alarm clock this morning. It went off @ one of the alarm times I have (although I could swear it wasn't checked to be on for today) But then I could not shut it off. tried hitting nearly ever button both physical and virtual and the damned alarm wouldn't stop. I eventually just shut it off and turned it back on and that did the trick.

Anyone else encounter this? or did I miss a step in how to turn alarm off???

For whatever reason the side button doesn't work if it is out of the dock. Try setting an alarm for a minute from now, then if it were to go off in your pocket and you accidentally hit the back button so the snooze/dismiss is no longer up..... then there is no way to turn the alarm off without sliding down the top menu and bringing back of the snooze/alarm thing.... there should be a button to hit that ends it....just like you can end a ringer by hitting the volume button.

Upvote 0
I have had a similar bug happen once. I set a one time use alarm, it went off fine and unchecked itself. But the next day the alarm went off again in freakout mode. I also had to pull the battery to get it to stop. Now if i make a single alarm i just make sure to delete it completely the next day. Its not that much of a hassle other then the alarm going off at 4:30am when you plan to sleep in

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones