• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm Clock Question

mutato

May 22, 2011
I'm new to smartphones so hopefully this doesn't sound like a dumb question. I downloaded a new clock widget and replaced the standard one that comes on the phone. After I did this I couldn't figure out how to get to the alarm clock.

Is the alarm clock on the phone tied to that specific widget? So that if I get rid of the standard clock widget and use a new one, that new one has to have a separate new alarm clock?

Anyone that could help explain that to me or where I can go to access the alarm clock (besides pressing on the clock) would be great.

Thanks.

You can always search "Clock" in the Google search widget and it will show up (similar to the left most screen of an iPhone). From there, you can access the alarms you have . I have to agree that there isn't very convenient way to access the clock app without the widget.

There might be a way to access it from the 3rd party widget you downloaded. In my experience, there has been a "tap for clock" or "tap to launch..." setting where you can pick an app to launch when tapping a part of the widget. What is the name of the widget you downloaded?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones