Alarm Clock SnoozeSupport

Last Updated:

1. ElTigre2323

ElTigre2323 Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody had any issues with the alarm clock not going off again after snoozing?

Advertisement
  2. Trinhbo

Trinhbo Member

Not yet. But it is relatively easy to accidentally hold down the "Stop" instead of "Snooze" because they are right next to each other.

Another possibility is that the number of snooze attempts is configurable. I think 3 is the default. So after you snooze that many times, the alarm won't sound again.

3. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Well-Known Member

yeah i have mine set to go off 3 times at 10min apart, i haven't had any problems after i learned how to use it .

4. sleepingsheep

sleepingsheep Member

Are you setting you're snooze to come back on?

I don't have a captivate yet.

But the wife and son have samsung phones, and I'm assuming it behaves the same.

They both had issues with the snooze as you do.

I must say that compared to my Bberry, the samsung alarm is quite bothersome to set up. I figure the captivate would be the same.

Arent there android alarm apps to replace the samsung alarm?

5. ElTigre2323

I'm pretty certain that I am holding the snooze button and not the stop button, I have it configured for 5 5 minutes snoozes, sometimes it doesn't even come on after the first snooze.

6. onepoint

onepoint Member

Just a clarification: after you snooze the number of pre-set times, "snooze" is no longer an option on the screen and you are only able to press "stop".

7. RedRyno

RedRyno Well-Known Member

Snooze is for losers...

8. ElTigre2323

Oh really, why is that?

9. accrews

accrews Member

Yes, I've had issues with the snooze. Just like you said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It says to hold down the snooze button but I'm starting to suspect that if you hold it down too long it turns it off. I guess I really need to test it.

10. RedRyno

RedRyno Well-Known Member

Never understood it or use it. If you need to be up at 6am get up, whats 10 mins going to do for you, why not just get up at 6:10...

11. pjs2004

pjs2004 Member

The stock alarm clock definitely has issues. Sometimes the snooze works and sometimes it doesn't. I've had it set to two 15-minute snoozes since I first set it. Most of the time, when I hit the snooze once, the alarm will go off again 15 minutes later, but if I hit snooze again, the alarm won't go off again. Then for like 4 days, the alarm wasn't going off at all, even the first time. I kept checking various things like what programs were running etc., and then I just decided to power the phone off and back on, which fixed it. The alarm started going off again, but yesterday I hit snooze once and the alarm didn't go off again that morning.

12. mpavey

mpavey Member

I've had the same problem myself this week. I'm using the stock Clock application on my Samsung Galaxy S (though with a custom 2.2 ROM installed: Darky's ROM v9.3). It used to work fine but for no apparent reason this week the snooze has just switched the alarm off altogether, and it has not come back on. This is a serious issue -- earlier this week I overslept by a full hour and was 30 mins late for work!!

I have the default snooze setting (3x5mins) and am definitely dragging the right slider (snooze not dismiss).

In fact, immediately after I drag the snooze slider, the phone shows the lockscreen, which shows when the alarm will next go off. This correctly shows as 5 mins later. However, at some point thereafter (perhaps moments afterwards, or perhaps only 5mins later??) it forgets about this and reverts to the next scheduled alarm. :(

I'll try rebooting my phone as per the earlier poster's suggestion. And also getting more sleep so I am less prone to snoozing in the first place :)

13. Seven0073

Seven0073 Member

I have a Samsung Captivate, and the snooze worked just fine until I upgraded to 2.2. Since then my snooze will not go off. It's irritating because I actually set 2 alarms just in case I fall back asleep. I'm not a morning person..lol.

14. jroper73

jroper73 New Member

Once I upgraded my Fascinate to 2.2, it seems like the snooze sometimes will just turn off. At first I blamed myself. I am pretty sure it is the phone.

15. skratch

skratch Member

i use 'alarm clock plus' from the marketplace. free version. have never had a problem with it not working properly (either on 2.1, 2.2 or cog 4). the only thing i don't like about it is the snooze button is quite a bit smaller than the off button. but it isn't an insurmountable problem.

16. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

I picked up "gentle alarm" from amazon when it was free a couple weeks back and it is hands down the best wake up app I've ever used. I wouldn't even consider the built in alarm clock now