1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Alarm Clock & Timer for PhoneSupport

1. MsStephanie

MsStephanie New Member

I am new to using my samsung s3. I wanted to know is there a way to set a tie for my phone to turn on automatically in the morning like 15 mins before my alarm clock is suppose to turn on.

I dont want disturbing calls after a certain hour but I need to make sure that my alarm clock will come on in the morning before it is time for me to get up is that possible

Advertisement
    :
  2. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum Stephanie.

There is also the option in settings of using blocking mode so that no calls or notifications will get through during a specified time.
  4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

What I like to do is to turn off notifications sounds while I sleep, so that an email does not wake me. I still take phone calls and have my alarm on. I use Volume Widget and turn off my notification sounds only while I sleep and then I turn them on when I wake up. You have to manually do this. You can configure a sound profile to turn off your ringer and notifications while leaving the alarm sound on. Just manually activate this profile before you go to bed and when you wake up, revert to your normal daytime sound profile.
  5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

many AOSP ROMs allow quiet mode, but those require root
  6. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

I just put my phone on mute before bed, the alarm still works just fine.
  7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I will repeat what has already been said: Blocking Mode - provides exactly what you are looking for.
  8. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

I leave my phone plugged in, turn all the sounds down, and the alarm will still go off.