1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Alarm clock

1. domb

domb Active Member

I have got the htc tattoo and when i set the alarm to come on it only seems to work when the phone is actually turned on.

I have set the alarm and turned the phone off and the alarm clock does not come on at all.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

Do you mean you are completely turning the power off? Or is it just on standby?

If you are tunring off the phone completely, then I think the alarm does not work -- as you know ;-) Must have the phone on.

If the problem is when it is on Standby and not going off. Check the alarm volume (you will need the app Toggle Settings or Audio Manager to do this as it can;t be controlled from the standard settings menu)

- Mark
  3. domb

domb Active Member

yes i am powering it off, i thought it would still be able to come on. the alarm does work then as i have had it on standby since i had it just wondering if it could come on from the power off.
  4. SlowMoe

SlowMoe Active Member

@domb

To be honest, I don't think this will ever work on the HTC (at least not with the current Android version) as this was also a problem with the HTC Touch Diamond (which runs on WinMo 6.5)

I think HTC needs to re-think their alarm functions on their phones, as they seem to be working like a small computer (I'm think a PC here :)) were alarms doesn't go off when the computer is turned off. If they somehow could build in some sort of wake-on function on their phones which would make the alarm and other functions work properly.

For now, I think you'd just settle with this "bug" until they fix it.
  5. domb

domb Active Member

yeah i dont mind having it on standby just didnt know if there was a way when it was powered off. Thanks for replies