Alarm didn't go offSupport

Last Updated:

1. Xclusive

Xclusive Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the charger all night and this morning did not hear it at all, woke up 30mins after I set it to go off, ...
    does anyone have this issue or know why and how to get it working....it was on battery saver mode if that's the reason, I have it on the charger now and on smart mode to see if it will sound off

Advertisement
  2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I've never put mine on battery saver mode. But the alarm volume will mimic your ringer volume settings.

I think I have increasing volume on my alarm AND the option to sound the loud tone after a while... forget the exact settings.

I'll admit, I have the volume way down out at night, dock and sleep and I can barely hear the alarm :D

3. Xclusive

Xclusive Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the ringtone was the default ringtone, that I could of barely heard right now... changed it to the beep beep bepp and it's louder :D not as I would like it but think it will do the job, I also have it set to loud beep after the 5mins as well.

4. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Although I've never used it, I wonder if LOCALE can set the volume based on location?

5. dlbrando

dlbrando Well-Known Member

I just cranked the alarm volume up and set it to the rooster, worked fine for me.

6. _inKredible_

_inKredible_ Well-Known Member

Do you have a Task Killer installed? If so, that is your problem. Same thing happened to me when I had my Dinc and come to find out my task killer was killing it, therefor wasn't working.

7. Birdman2004

Birdman2004 Well-Known Member

yeah task killer is probably the problem if you have one installed. i pressed the snooze button on the alarm this morning and it never came back on? It was nice to get an extra 30 minutes of sleep though :D But I would have been in trouble if I hadn't set it as early as I did. Anyone else seen this?

8. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

download different ringtones, alarms and notification sounds. The stock ones are not loud at all.
    to prove my theory i started messing with some audio files and i managed to cause a major audible difference with custom files. give it a shot

9. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Check the settings for the alarm and ensure you have 'Alarm in slient mode' checked. Also while in settings, check your alarm volume. (Disclaimer: I don't have an X, this is how it is in my OG Droid (rooted, alarm app may be diff). Maybe they share the same options.)

10. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

My wife heard that this morning and said "THATS GOTTA GO!" But I can't say it didn't go off.

11. pchangover

pchangover Member

Yeah the same thing happened to me the first day I used my X as an alarm... luckily it was a Saturday. The default alarm tone is terribly low and won't wake anyone up. I changed it and now I get up just fine.

12. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

My friend that has an Evo had this exact problem happen. ATK will kill the alarm process. I don't use ATK myself, but I'm pretty sure you can set an exception in there for it.

Also a simple pro-tip: I'm a really heavy sleeper so I keep my phone pretty much next to my head to have any chance at hearing the alarm. I've found it helps a ton to lay the phone on it's face so the speaker isn't muffled by the sheets :D