Alarm didn't go offSupport

Last Updated:

1. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

My alarm didn't go off today, an interesting lockup situation.

Methinks it is my fault for not rebooting my phone recently; I think I will start a 2* a week reboot schedule.

Advertisement
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Was the phone locked up on you?

I don't often reboot mine and only when I change something to the OS or do something that requires me to reboot (limiting permissions on an app etc)

3. shenfrey

shenfrey Active Member

What sort of phone needs restarting twice a week just to get it working correctly? Ideally a phone should rarely - if ever - need rebooting.

4. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

It was weird, I would unlock my phone with an alarm icon on the status bar and a black/blank screen. I noticed this about 30 min after it was supposed to go off.

Anything with an OS will have memory leaks, conflicts, ... etc over time. I prolly haven't rebooted my phone in weeks.

Not really mad, just found it curious. I remember all iPhones had a no-alarm issue years ago after going from Dec to Jan; it was in the news and a bunch of NBA players were interviewed about it.

It happens.

5. freesunshine

freesunshine Well-Known Member

Same here...I'm running stock and I've been running 10+ days without a single reboot. It's a breath of fresh air coming from Warp that reboots 10+ a day. :D