1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!

Tips Alarm Docks?

1. 22881199

22881199 New Member

Hello,
    Can anyone recommend a hi-fi alarm dock for use with an S4? Would prefer a nice unit (Bose, Harmon Kardon, etc.) that has a native, direct connect connector. In other words I don't want to have to use adapters, wires, secondary cradles, etc. Options I have found are few and far between other than a typical $30 iHome unit. The only other option I found was a Philips AS141.

I just can't believe that more units don't offer interchangeable connectors.

Any recommendations on units I should check out?

Thanks,
    Chris

Advertisement
  2. Unicorn512

Unicorn512 Well-Known Member

Have you thought about using Blue Tooth as the connection method instead of the plugin? That gives you much more freedom (and no wires.) You can also consider a Smart Dock....

Not sure what is most important to you. Sound quality? Alarm functions?
  3. 22881199

22881199 New Member

Sound quality is most important. I don't mind a bluetooth connection but I'd like to be able to charge it at the same time.

I know I could do a stereo, connect it with Bluetooth and set a charge dock on top and achieve the same thing BUT I was after something a little more integrated.

Thanks!
  4. Unicorn512

Unicorn512 Well-Known Member

All I can say is good luck. For my $ I would rather have a solution that I could be pretty sure would would work with my next device/phone as opposed to a one that is specific to this device. I usually change the phone every couple of years, and a good stereo should last thru several of those.