alarm fails to work at allGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Billy1036fm

Billy1036fm Active Member This Topic's Starter

Have X10 - generally happy with it but have recently been on holiday and needed the phone for the alarm.

Have tried setting the alarm for Mon - Fri, everyday or weekend but whatever I do the alarm does not go off.

I have checked the basic things - time setting, alarm tune, alarm time setting, ticked the relevant box (have tried every day or mon- fri) and no matter what I do the alarm will not go off so thus is very unreliable.

Is there a fix for this or is there an app that I can download that will provide me with a fuilly functioning alarm that works as and when I want it to.

Has this happened to you at all?

I am currently running 1.6 but from some of the horror stories I read I am to upgrade to a higher version - if in fact I can do it or trust myself to not lose patience when the whole thing goes pear shaped.

If anyone can assist with the alarm issue I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Billy

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I think I remember something about task killers and alarms not working so maybe that's something to think about? Other than that not a clue, sorry.

I updated on UK T-Mobile earlier this week on my X10 and today on my X8 and it all went really well, no problems, no aggro. Used Sony Ericsson Update Service having deleted the DB file on my PC as per product blog and it took about 5 mins to run the download to the phone and another few minutes for the phone to install all the software and boot up having disconnected. My contacts were on Google sync so they came back as soon as I set up the sync and my apps were synced with appbrain so spent half an hour getting them all installed and set up again. Touching wood and crossing fingers as I type (which makes it quite difficult don't ya know!) I haven't had any problems so far. I was really scared about doing it because of all the problems I had been reading here and over on Sony's own talk forum.

3. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

I had times where the stock alarm clock did not go off at all.
    make sure you aren't using a task killer and put it on the ignore list for it.
    I stated in a prev post, I use Alarm Clock Xtreme and it has yet to fail me in the 6 months I've been using it.

4. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

I'm with the other two in regards to a task killer, the stock alarm has never failed me.

5. Billy1036fm

Billy1036fm Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info guys but.............

I have now removed the task killer app from my phone so nothing gets killed off.

Tried the phone as per usual - set it for wake up this morning and it never went off.

Everything is set to wake up - music, time etc but dead as a dodo.

Anyone got any further ideas please......?

Thanks

6. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

I have the other problem, I don't recall ever going into the Alarm, but somehow it got set to 7am and went off this morning? Then I couldn't go back to sleep, so I just started working 2 hours early :confused:

7. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Alarm clock is one of the functions I use the most...I have all three types set for various things: waking up (week)daily, at 9:00 to take some meds I need to do daily at a certain time of day, and the third is special alarms such as a reminder to tidy up things and wind things down, (and make me a cup o tea at 3 O'clock) at work an hour before quitting time. Never once failed me on 1.6 or 2.1 - functions exactly as expected every time.
    I consider myself lucky as I don't fiddle much with the device other than a dozen non built in apps, and I can't remember an actual "problem" other than my own stupidity or ignorance.

8. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock Well-Known Member

Make sure you haven't turned your "Media Volume" all the way down! This is seperate from your Ringer Volume.

I've had the same issue, from when my wife was playing Angry Birds and had the volume down so I could sleep. :)

9. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't use his phone anymore :D

10. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock Well-Known Member

;) Angry Birds has been my wife's favorite thing to do lately. I hardly get in the door and she's got her hand extended. I guess I should just be happy to be met at the door at the end of the day... :p

Oh, while playing with the StopWatch & Timer app today, I accidentally hit the side volume button and up popped "Alarm Volume". It seems there is a(nother) volume slider that can be adjusted, independent of Ringer and Media volume. Maybe try that. For me, the Task Killer was closing my alarm before it went off.