Alarm hit and miss...

Last Updated:

1. marky9074

marky9074 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I have created a new alarm.. say for 06:30, and every time I enable it states 'alarm in xx hours' then I wake up early and watch the phone go past this time, no alarm, and the alarm icon still in the notification area... :(

As a test during the day I enabled it four or fives times and it seems totally random the success rate...

I did wonder if this was something to do with ultimate juice... but even with that disabled it still doesnt work..

Anybody else seen problems with setting the alarm (though the HTC Sense widget?)

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The stock one is poor. There are betterones on the market. Also task killers kill the alarm service

3. rumbataz

rumbataz Well-Known Member

I had this problem when I had Advanced Task Killer installed. I removed the task killer app and the alarm has functioned perfectly since.

4. Mushhushshu

Mushhushshu Well-Known Member

Never had any problems with the alarm myself, just added clock to the ignore list for my task killer and its always been fine. The one time it didnt go off was when I was using an MP3 on the SD card as the sound and the SD card had been corrupted - the alarm still went off but without sound which was annoying :D

5. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

I was worried about this before I bought the phone but I really believe its down to task killers as never had an issue with my alarm and use it every day.

6. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

If you are using a task killer, make sure you don't kill the Clock. The alarm is included in this application, and killing it will disable your alarms...

7. Reines

Reines Active Member

As has been said, basically all problems people have with the alarm is down to it being killed by a task killer. Either set it to be excluded or remove the task killer (since they are pointless anyway). I don't use a task killer and have never had any issue with the alarm; I use it every day.

8. japester

japester Well-Known Member

I agree with all the responses - I use the alarm everyday with no problems. I did have a task killer on my phone (forget which one) but that never seemed to kill the alarm task. I've since removed the TK anyway and guess what, no discernable slowdowns or additional battery useage! :)

9. jimlad

jimlad Well-Known Member

i have had issues with my alarm, but i use task killer

10. Nickc001

Nickc001 Well-Known Member

I have my clock excluded in ATK, it went off the other morning but with no sound. tried it a few more times and still no sound. I came to the conclusion that because my RAM was pretty low <80mb for some reason the sound didnt play. So did a battery pull and its fully functional now, with sound as well as visual.

So check your RAM isnt to low.

11. benuk

benuk Member

task killer was my problem, as soon as I set it to ignore the clock app the alarms worked fine.

12. marky9074

Hi guys... thanks for the replies.. I would have replied sooner but for some reason tapatalk doesnt seem to work with this sub-forum. I do indeed have ATK installed.. but not enabled. I thought when it was enabled the icon was on the taskbar... will exclude this and see how it goes... thanks again! Mark.

13. Opium

Opium Member

Heya guys, when i click on Ignore list under ATK, nothing shows up. Just a black screen with a clear all button... but nothing to choose. Is this normal?

edit: NM, stupid Q, fixed it by holding down then choosing ignore.

14. marky9074

Actually this is what I have:

Task Manager v1.11.9 Application for Android | Tools

I do not have it starting at boot, so I don't think this should be killing the clock.. I did though add 'HTC Sense' to the ignore list (I couldnt see an individual clock in the task list..)

One thing I have noticed is that when it comes out of standby it shows the time from the last time it was on.. then quickly updates to the current time...