Alarm issues

Last Updated:

1. urbanphilosopher

urbanphilosopher Member This Topic's Starter

OK, simple problem, my alarm's set (for mon-fri, one of the default schedules) but doesn't go off. I think it went off correctly once but hasn't done so since - good job I'm a light sleeper anyway really.
    Anyone experienced a similar issue and found the solution?

Advertisement
  2. mcdonaa

mcdonaa Member

Yup - I had this problem the second time I used the alarm on my Hero. The problem lies in that the clock backround process must be running for the alarm to work. If you have terminated the process (e.g. using AppKiller) the alarm will not go off. I suggest just before going to bed to go into the alarm settings (quick way is to touch the HTC time widget if you have that on your main page) and then click back (to go back to your home screen). Double check by using AppKiller to check that the 'Clock' process is running.

3. urbanphilosopher

urbanphilosopher Member This Topic's Starter

Ah thanks very much, I'm an aggressive process killer so this sounds pretty likely. :)

4. mani5ha

mani5ha Member

i have to say i posted about this a while ago, and this was the solution, however since then i've never killed the clock and this still happens to me :(

5. marka87uk

marka87uk Active Member

Pretty sure I have the same problem - it goes off but only vibrates - no sound at all.

Tried with the ringer volume up and it's made no difference; when previewing alarm sounds they do not play either!

Hope this is fixed in the update...

6. SFA_AOK

SFA_AOK Well-Known Member

Marka, each alarm you create has its own volume. When previewing the alarm sound, use the volume buttons on the side to check your alarm actually has the volume set.

Let us know if this helps!

7. marka87uk

marka87uk Active Member

Thanks! That was the problem, I didn't realise each alarm did that! :)