• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm not working on 4.4.2 - What is going on??

Wangta

Oct 14, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
hey guys - recently upgraded to a Note 3 from a Note 2. Everything is great, but my alarms do not work. For the past week, I've been thinking I've been sleeping through them but this morning, I woke up 2 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off and NOTHING HAPPENED when 8 AM rolled around. WTH?

I have been trying to get it to go off for the past 5 minutes now (I'm sitting at my desk at work) - I am watching the phone roll right past the alarm set time with no sound or anything.

Never had this problem with Note 2 on 4.1.

I like all the features on the Note 3, but this is one CRITICAL thing I need to work!

When you set the alarm do you get a pop up saying something along the lines of "alarm set for (time till you want it to go off)"?

Hit volume up, then the gear, and make sure the alarm volume isn't muted.

4.2.2 or 4.4.2? Which version do you have? I've never had this problem and my Sprint Note 3 is my only alarm clock.

Reactions: Wangta
Upvote 0
When you set the alarm do you get a pop up saying something along the lines of "alarm set for (time till you want it to go off)"?

Hit volume up, then the gear, and make sure the alarm volume isn't muted.

4.2.2 or 4.4.2? Which version do you have? I've never had this problem and my Sprint Note 3 is my only alarm clock.

4.4.2 sorry typo.

See attached. My alarm did not go off at 11:51 AM

uploadfromtaptalk1398700329567.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398700379587.jpg

Upvote 0
That's odd? Have you tried clearing the data and cache of the alarm app? I'm not 100% positive but I think its just clock.

**edit** It is clock. I just cleared the data and my alarms for erased.

No, what I mean is go to settings -> general -> application manager -> all -> clock (not digital clock) -> clear data

Still nothing. This is so bizarre.

Upvote 0
Haha, glad we got it working for you. I think it kicks on once you get below 15% but don't quote me on that. You can toggle it on anytime you want though.

Can't be - my battery is about 85% right now.

What else does power savings mode do?

I will finally be on time to work this week. No joke - i've been about 30-60 minutes late for the past two weeks b/c of this stupid problem!

Upvote 0
I think it underclocks the CPU, disables haptic feedback, and disables mobile data when the screens off. I've never used it though because I can easily get 24 hours with 5 hours of screen on time with this phone.

You may have toggled it on accident via the notification shades quick settings.

Glad we were able to figure this whole thing out.

Upvote 0
I think it underclocks the CPU, disables haptic feedback, and disables mobile data when the screens off. I've never used it though because I can easily get 24 hours with 5 hours of screen on time with this phone.

You may have toggled it on accident via the notification shades quick settings.

Glad we were able to figure this whole thing out.

Yeah man, thanks again. I was going crazy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones