• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm notification disappeared in Marshmallow

Griffinit

Lurker
Jul 9, 2014
The built in alarm clock in Marshmallow is working fine for me. However one function has been disappeared.

I often snooze the alarm, and then want to dismiss it before the end of the snooze period.

Example: Get alarm or snooze display at 10 o'clock. Choose snooze, so alarm will go off again at 10:10. But at 10:05 I decide I don't want the alarm any more and want to switch the snoozing off and dismiss the alarm.

In previous version of Android, this was easy. Whenever phone was snoozing, there would be a notification in the notification pull down screen that I could just tap, and that switched off the snooze and dismissed that alarm.

In Marshmallow this has disappeared. There is a workaround by going into clock settings, switching the alarm off and then switching it on again so it would work the next day. But this is very clumsy.

Does anyone know how to get the notification back so it works as before or is this a deliberate Marshmallow change?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones