• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm on Nexus S

Hi pastafarian,

Your quick reply is much appreciated.

I'm 58 and probably not the sharpest knife in the draw.

Had a search of the forum and couldn't find any guidance.

I rely on help from people such as yourself.

Will follow your tip to copy some loud music to the folder and hopefully will have an alarm that plays music.

Wanting to change to some music as the ringtone on the Nexus S is not very loud, even on full volume.

Thanks
Gaz

Upvote 0
Will setup "Ringtones" Directory and put music in there as I only want to use the music for the alarm.
The info was missing some important details:

In order to create the folders (directories) needed, you first need to make a path to them like so:

media/audio/alarms
media/audio/ringtones
media/audio/notifications

Once you create the media folder, go into it and make an audio folder, then in that folder create the alarms, ringtones, and notifications folders. Once you disconnect the USB connection, the phone will search the new folders and find the MP3 sounds you want and let you use set them for each type of alert.

Reactions: greg415
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones