Alarm ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. f891roy

f891roy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Soooo, has anyone found an alarm clock app that works when phone is completely off yet??

Been reading about this and it goes back as far as Octber 2008!! WTF is going on. Sony are bound to have a simple fix for this.

All of my sony ericsson phones before (including the satio) had a working alarm clock when i turned my phone off at night time.

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I read somewhere that its an android problem not just the X10. No idea if this is true or not. I don't use the alarm overnight but have used it as a reminder during the day and not had any problems.

3. 6000

6000 Active Member

Or, as an alternative, use the Sweetdreams app to put your phone to bed, then wake it up just before alarm time in the morning.

Sweetdreams:

[​IMG]

4. kersey

kersey Well-Known Member

Windows Mobile suffers from the same problem...no alarm once the phone is off.

5. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the "Complete" Power Down, as the off you are referring to? Why would you be using the Complete Power Off on a daily basis? It defeats many of the phones abilities... However, when I use the power off option (Also the Time Out option), the alarm works, the phone rings, everything is there ready for you...

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I have to ask, just so I understand the problem, why is it important to have the phone off?

If its that you don't want to receive calls/texts/email updates etc through the night why not just put it in airplane mode and then the alarm rings quite happily but your 'phone' is effectively off.

7. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

My point exactly... That's is why I asked for clarity as I don't understand the OFF problem....??? Another idea besides airplane mode, Just forward your calls, that way you don't get bothered at night, if your getting that many calls.. Forwarding (To another Number, or Better Yet, Voice Mail, which is what I use) works great to resolve this...

Diections, from the Home Screen: Press the left button and select SETTINGS > Call Settings > GSM Call Settings > Call Forwarding > Call Forwarding Setup as Needed

8. f891roy

f891roy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

most of the time i just let my battery run completely dry. So if it dies in in the middle of the night, i dont wake up to switch the charger on...... no alarm...sleep in....:D.....feel very refreshed.

Yes i do like the extra sleep but my boss doesnt. :confused: Need to get a better understanding boss i think :)