• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarm that goes off when phone is off

I have a tmobile samsung vibrant and the other day some how my phone decided to shut off over night and the alarm ended up not going off and I was late for work. Is there any way to make the alarm go off when the phone is shut off? Or a specific alarm app that works for this? I've looked at other threads but none came to a fix for this problem. Thank you for your time and suggestions in advance!

Welcome to the forum! :D

And now, for the bad news ... I know that traditional mobile phones have this ability, but Android (and other?) smartphones do not. :( It's very much a little pc in your pocket, and when it's off, it's off. No app or root or mod is going to change that.

So let's take a step back: why do you want this? Are you shutting down (or rebooting) your phone every night?

• If it's because of power saving considerations, have a look into the many battery-tip threads.
  • If it's because you don't want to be disturbed, check out some of the "profile" applications that will enable you to schedule automatic silent mode.
The phone does not need to be rebooted on a regular basis, and should in fact be able to stay up indefinitely (excepting system updates).

If you specify (in your profile) what phone you have, we could be giving your more targeted advice. :)

Reactions: powerglide08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones