1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Alarm that goes off when phone is off

Last Updated:

1. powerglide08

powerglide08 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a tmobile samsung vibrant and the other day some how my phone decided to shut off over night and the alarm ended up not going off and I was late for work. Is there any way to make the alarm go off when the phone is shut off? Or a specific alarm app that works for this? I've looked at other threads but none came to a fix for this problem. Thank you for your time and suggestions in advance!

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

And now, for the bad news ... I know that traditional mobile phones have this ability, but Android (and other?) smartphones do not. :( It's very much a little pc in your pocket, and when it's off, it's off. No app or root or mod is going to change that.

So let's take a step back: why do you want this? Are you shutting down (or rebooting) your phone every night?

• If it's because of power saving considerations, have a look into the many battery-tip threads.
    • If it's because you don't want to be disturbed, check out some of the "profile" applications that will enable you to schedule automatic silent mode.
    The phone does not need to be rebooted on a regular basis, and should in fact be able to stay up indefinitely (excepting system updates).

If you specify (in your profile) what phone you have, we could be giving your more targeted advice. :)

powerglide08 likes this.
  3. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think so. Why did your phone switch off? Battery?

4. powerglide08

powerglide08 New Member This Topic's Starter

I don't ever shut my phone off. I just want to be safe in case it does happen to shut off by itself again. I have no idea why it shut off though. It was plugged in to the charger and had full battery when i turned it on.

I said in the first sentence that i have a samsung vibrant through t-mobile though.