• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm Timeout

Okay, I'm sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out where if it is.

This is an issue when using the Android alarm clock. I know that there are other alarm apps out there, but if I can resolve this one issue I will have no need for an additional app.

When the alarm sounds, it times out after two minutes. Now I know for the majority of people this is okay, but for those of us who are sound sleepers it becomes an issue. I can easily sleep through two minutes of an alarm when I am really tired, and I need it to keep going in order to ensure I wake up. I can't seem to find any place to change this alarm timeout. Once again, I understand why the "feature" is there, and I need not a lecture explaining this, but if someone has a solution that doesn't involve installing another app it would be greatly appreciated. It seems to me that if you want to implement a feature like this, it should be user-customizable. Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones