1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

AlarmGeneral

Last Updated:

1. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering how others feel about the evo v alarm because I do not trust it! I set it for 5:45am for my wife who was scheduled to work at 7am. Low and behold I wake up exactly at 7..no alarm:eek:. After freaking out for a few minutes(she wasn't very happy either) I noticed a missed call and a voicemail,luckily her shift was cancelled. Now as for the alarm, it was set correctly and with auto silence off..so either it's not working or I keep dismissing it in my sleep:what:...Not buying that.
    What I am buying is a new alarm clock...oh and back to sleep:thumbup:

Advertisement
  2. kagevazquez

kagevazquez Well-Known Member

Try setting it one minute ahead and seeing the outcome

3. phw8558

Thanks I've done this multiple times just because it's failed to wake me before. Perhaps I am getting up and hitting dismiss and completely oblivious to it. I think I'll try a loud alarm and put it somewhere that I'll have to get out of bed to reach. I have to keep this phone right next to my bed because the speakers are so crappy.

4. pinocytosis

pinocytosis Well-Known Member

For some reason, my alarm volume always mysteriously goes to zero/mute. However, I'm using alarm clock plus, which lets you set an alarm volume specifically for alarm clock plus' volume (so it's independent of the system's alarm volume). I have never missed an alarm using this app. you can also try alarm clock xtreme, it's very similar.

5. phw8558

Your system alarm has gone to zero or while using the app? Thanks I'll experiment tomorrow morning since I don't have to be anywhere by a certain time.

6. kagevazquez

kagevazquez Well-Known Member

I found that keeping my phone a good few feet away like it of arms reach is good because I won't roll onto my phone and maybe hit snooze or anything else

7. pinocytosis

pinocytosis Well-Known Member

my system's alarm volume has gone to zero just randomly. it may be caused by an app, but i'm not sure. I remember others saying that their alarm volume keeps going to zero as well.

8. phw8558

Yeah same here. I don't think this phones volume is loud enough to be an effective alarm (effective for me is waking me out of a deep sleep when I've had 5 or less hours of sleep)

9. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

Alarm works fine for me, but I suppose I'm a light sleeper.

10. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Nothing a 12 pack wouldn't cure. :D

11. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

If only you knew the half of it. My old lady gets mad when i drink, because I sleep wherever. The floor, the couch, the bathtub, kitchen table...wherever I happen to be. I just sleep. Next thing I know, 8-10 hours have passed.

12. OverByter

Or passed out! Lol, sounds a lot like me was a LOT younger. :rolleyes:

13. incubeezer

incubeezer New Member

I've also had the same problem. It's happened twice now on a work day. I can't figure it out. Not sure if I can trust this phone as an alarm clock anymore. I submitted a question to DoubleTwist (who make an alarm clock app).

Alarm clock volume

14. OverByter

After this happens what are your sound levels set to in settings. Does it lower the system volume or just the alarm volume?

15. phw8558

I've been testing alarm clock xtreme free and it hasn't failed me. The advantage is I can't dismiss it in my sleep because I have to solve two math problems before I can hit dismiss.

16. aml1025

aml1025 Well-Known Member

Hi there! New to the forum, but I've had the EVO V a couple of months and was searching for fixes to some little issues I've been having.

The randomly-silenced alarm volume has plagued me too. The other day someone suggested I try an app (Volume Locker) that will show when your phone's volume has been changed, and allow you to accept or reject the change. I discovered that for some reason, taking a picture causes my alarm volume to change! It makes no sense, but that was the problem on my phone.

I realize this is an older thread, but since a working alarm is vital for most of us, I thought I'd still pass along my findings. So far I'm enjoying the reading here and all that I'm learning about this phone!

17. remanifest

remanifest Well-Known Member

Another vote for Alarm Clock Plus here. What I like is that I can set it to present math problems to me, which I have to solve to dismiss the alarm, and I disable snooze. The only way around that is to reboot or turn off the phone.

I have it set to "hard", which isn't too bad, but I have to solve 8 problems correctly in a row. By that time, I'm awake enough to realize that I'm going back to sleep if that's what I wind up doing... and I'm a very heavy sleeper naturally.

18. phw8558

I've had no problems with alarm clock xtreme, shake for snooze then solve a math problem to dismiss. Hasn't failed me once. Alarm clock plus looks solid to although I haven't tried it yet

19. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

Whoa, I am not alone.
    I even posted a screenshot about a snooze event that never happened in the mobster HD thread.

20. Droidula

Droidula Well-Known Member

I put my phone on silent when I go to sleep, and always use something like Quick Settings to double check and make sure that the alarm volume is still on. I don't use my phone as an alarm anymore, I don't either trust it. I noticed that every so often the clock would change to 6 hours ahead, and I was never able to figure out why.

And I would curse the day I had to wake up and do math problems. No way!

21. phw8558

You don't have to do math problems. It is an alternative dismissal for those who tend to hit the volume rocker half asleep and end up oversleeping. I do 1 simple addition problem, e.g. 4+3, to ensure I am conscious when I dismiss my alarm.