• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
No idea when it happened but after testing a few alarm sounds with the stock clock it looks like ascending volume is the default with no way to change it.

I use an app called My Alarm Clock from apalon software, free in the play store that not only gives you that control but allows you to use music to wake you up and has some pretty nice clock face widgets to put on your homescreens. I use Wordy.

Upvote 0
No idea when it happened but after testing a few alarm sounds with the stock clock it looks like ascending volume is the default with no way to change it.

I use an app called My Alarm Clock from apalon software, free in the play store that not only gives you that control but allows you to use music to wake you up and has some pretty nice clock face widgets to put on your homescreens. I use Wordy.

Thanks, glad it isn't just mine. Ridiculous update. It doesn't wake me starting out quietly so I will be downloading an app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones