1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Alarming! Alarm Clock with Captcha

Last Updated:

1. Wiggins

Wiggins New Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 16, 2009
    Just released version 1.2.3 of Alarming! Alarm Clock, which is the open-source android AlarmClock with some additions.

In this version (1.2.3) I added Captcha on Dismiss. If this option is set, you can not dismiss the alarm until you complete a little captcha. The captcha is a quick little game where you are presented 9 dots, some are randomly yellow. If you press a yellow dot it becomes green, if you press a gray dot it becomes red. Once all dots are green, you can proceed.

I also enhanced the Bed Clock. A big animated clock that will not sleep if the phone is plugged in, this version has 8 different animations.

Other features included in Alarming!:

• dismiss snoozed alarms
    • name alarms
    • set max volume for alarm
    • gradually increase volume
    • set snooze time
    • set auto-off time
    • pause between rings (nice for short ringtones)
    All values are configurable to any value by slider.

Alarming! is $0.99 in the android market.

See screenshots and more info at http://android.hlidskialf.com/software/alarming

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    oh yea, i tried the capcha thing this morning....i totally woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.
  3. Nanan

Nanan Active Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Are you still working on this project? I have been using a 2.0v variant for a while but last week the alarms have stopped going off.

I am running a Sprint HTC Hero with Modaco 1.2c rom. The Alarming app was running on Modaco 1.0 and for a few days after 1.2c was installed. If you want I can send you a nandroid backup to assist in debugging.

/edit, well I have completely wiped the phone and taken it back to where it was before with the MoDaCo 1.2c rom and now Alarming! works like it did before.