1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Alarming! Alarm Clock with Captcha

Last Updated:

1. Wiggins

Wiggins New Member This Topic's Starter

Just released version 1.2.3 of Alarming! Alarm Clock, which is the open-source android AlarmClock with some additions.

In this version (1.2.3) I added Captcha on Dismiss. If this option is set, you can not dismiss the alarm until you complete a little captcha. The captcha is a quick little game where you are presented 9 dots, some are randomly yellow. If you press a yellow dot it becomes green, if you press a gray dot it becomes red. Once all dots are green, you can proceed.

I also enhanced the Bed Clock. A big animated clock that will not sleep if the phone is plugged in, this version has 8 different animations.

Other features included in Alarming!:

• dismiss snoozed alarms
    • name alarms
    • set max volume for alarm
    • gradually increase volume
    • set snooze time
    • set auto-off time
    • pause between rings (nice for short ringtones)
    All values are configurable to any value by slider.

Alarming! is $0.99 in the android market.

See screenshots and more info at http://android.hlidskialf.com/software/alarming

Advertisement
  2. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

oh yea, i tried the capcha thing this morning....i totally woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

3. Nanan

Nanan Active Member

Are you still working on this project? I have been using a 2.0v variant for a while but last week the alarms have stopped going off.

I am running a Sprint HTC Hero with Modaco 1.2c rom. The Alarming app was running on Modaco 1.0 and for a few days after 1.2c was installed. If you want I can send you a nandroid backup to assist in debugging.

/edit, well I have completely wiped the phone and taken it back to where it was before with the MoDaCo 1.2c rom and now Alarming! works like it did before.