Alarm's default song...Support

Last Updated:

1. DroidRick

DroidRick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday I was listening to some of the alternate songs that can be used for your phone's alarm. I chose one and tried it. Now I'd like to go back to the default song. Does anyone know its name and how to change back to it without re-setting the entire phone back to its defaults? TIA

Advertisement
  2. DroidRick

OK I found the default sound but now I still have some more questions. When you go into set alarm you have Notification: Snooze Set as daily briefing Smart alarm Sound: Alarm type Alarm tone First, it appears that if you select "Smart alarm" which is what I had, the Sound choices that are below don't seem to apply. Also can someone please explain to me the differences between smart alarm and snooze? TIA

3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Smart alarm plays a smart alarm tone before your selected alarm tone - it starts off virtually silent and gradually gets louder over time, when the alotted period elapses (you choose how long) your chosen alarm tone starts. Its a much nicer way to wake up than a regular alarm!

That said I'm now using Tasker for my alarm - similar deal - starts of silent, gradually increases in volume, flipping the phone snoozes it, then flipping it back snoozes it again, repeat until ready to rise, pull the power out and it opens NewsRoom (morning paper delivery!). Extremely nice!

DroidRick likes this.
  4. DroidRick

Cool! Thanks very much for this. I was using the smart alarm since I started using the alarm feature a few weeks ago and didn't know that the regular alarm tone would sound after the smart alarm was finished. I always 'stopped' the smart alarm after about 30 seconds or so.

5. NZtechfreak

Yeah, I always stopped the alarm during the smart alarm tone also.

My Tasker set up is better anyways, so I don't have to worry about using the inbuilt alarm (which has a few bugs in my 2.2 firmware).

6. DroidRick

Is My Tasker the only app that allows you to
    turn off the alarm by turning the SGS upside down?
    The native SGS can't do that right?

7. NZtechfreak

The app is called Tasker (just the one word). Its the most powerful app you can get IMO, but there is a wee learning curve to make it do some things. Of course I can always give my alarm profiles to other users to try :)