• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help alarms not working

Do you have Task Killer installed on your phone? If you do, that is what is most likely causing the problem. I had the same issue ind it was because I was killing the clock with the Task Killer. Make sure you uncheck that function so that the clock is always working and that will make sure that your alarms work as well. I went into work late for 4 days because of this issue but once I figured it out, all was good again. Let us know if that fixes your issue. :)

Upvote 0
Please let us know if you are using a task killer. Or some type of system panel, OS monitor, etc.

See, to those applications, a CLOCK app is running way too long, and those task killers kill anything that has been running for a certain amount of time. It may think the clock has went into hibernate mode, and killed the application.

I have an analog clock on my main page, and every time the phone goes to sleep mode (screen off), the clock stops running, but when i wake the phone up, i actually see the clock hands (hour and minutes) move to syncronize with the time, so that means the clock goes into sleep mode when the screen shuts off, and then it wakes back up and syncs time when you wake it up. It does that to save battery, and also does that because that is the way the OS built it. So if you have a killer running, it's going to kill the clock after a certain amount of time inactive (say 1 hour), and then all your alarms will not run because the clock has been shut down.

So i explained a lot, and talked a lot here, but the short question is the same from the other poster, do you have a task/app killer ?

And same sezaro said, if you are using ATK, or other task killers, please make sure to exclude the clock from the list. ATK is good at learning what to close and what not to close.

Upvote 0
Task killer is the problem. That was the first thing I installed when I got the phone and the alarm never went off. I could set it for 1 minute from now and it worked fine but would never work for the next morning. Last night, I uninstalled task killer and VOILA, the alarm went off fine this morning. Too bad I have no clue how to turn it off though. LOL.

Upvote 0
I know this may sound weird but, my Alarm didn't work when I first got the phone (before I even installed a single app) and I found out it was how I set up the alarm.

I had first set 7am (mine) followed by 5am (hubbys) and it didn't go off for two mornings. Out of curiosity I switched the times around and it started to work again.

If you are using a task killer, make sure your Clock is set as an exception to never be killed. Some phones have an alarm glitch to where if you let is snooze (usually twice) it will continue to annoy the heck out of you until you force close it from your System Panel. Pray you don't have one of those annoyances.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones