• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alaska Communication Systems (ACS) apn settings?

Top Hat

Lurker
Mar 25, 2011
Hi all,

After rooting my Milestone and upgrading to 2.2, I find I can't send MMS messages any more. Standard text messages send fine. I suspect the apn settings are now incorrect. My provider is Alaska Communication Systems (ACS). I'm trying to get some info from them, but it's an uphill battle. Can anyone provide me with the correct apn settings? I've found a couple links to apns-conf_30.xml saying it is the correct file for ACS, but APN Backup/Restore can't load it on my phone, citing a parsing error. Any help is appreciated!

Well, I got this situation resolved, so I'll post my solution here for the next guy who comes looking! As I suspected, flashing the new rom altered my APN settings. I accessed them through the Voice Dialer with the voice comand "Open APNs" and found that a set of Verizon values were entered. Manually entering the following values got me back in business:

Name: Alaska Communication System
APN: Internet
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: NotUsed@nobody.com
Password: *******
Server: *
MMSC: http://mmsc1.acsalaska.net/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: Not Set
MMS Port: Not Set
MCC: 310
MNC: 004
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: MMS

Hope this helps someone out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones