• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Album Art Grabber: ***** 5 Stars. Simple, effective, and Fast.

I think one of the more baffling situations as a three month Android user (Samsung Moment running 2.1) is the loss of album art when using the music player. This inexpensive app restored 99% of my art in seconds. It is a great enhancement to the Android planyer. Over 90% of my files are .wma, too!

The app is simple to operate and if your file is damaged or missing art, it searches the internet to find a copy of it. You then indicate the correct art and it posts it. If it cannot locate art, then you have the option of using any photo on your sd card. One pitfall is duplicate album names. For example, I have a copy of Jeff Golub's "Temptation" on my sd card. This app found art for only albums by the group Temptations. Thus, the other art option was used.

Many users indicated similar, positive, results in comments. A couple of individuals indicated that when they powered off their handsets that the art was gone upon powering up. They then had to run the program again. Personally, I have powered off 5 or 6 times and the art is still there. The music player is able to access all of it.

Enhance your music experience with Album Art Grabber!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones